Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 10-09-2008, 05:36 PM
tats

Default unit410, kus 18

Hello i wonder if anyone can help i i am stuck on k4d942 { the importance of creativty in learning and enabling children to discriminate and make connections between different objects and experiences} I really don't understand what they are asking

Thank you for any help

Victoria.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

its saying why should you use creative ways to teach kids about symbolic meaning-i.e one thing standing for another, and how to decide what means what. for example when mark making teaching them to know two seperate marks are representing two different things or them seeing a teddy bear can be a toy, represent a real bear or a trip to the zoo where they saw a bear.

it wants you to talk bout role play and representation etc also talk bout piagets "scheemas"

i havnt done the same course as you so im not 100% sure if im right but hope this helps
Unread 10-11-2008, 08:05 AM
tats

Default 410 kus 18

Thankyou,

i think it will help to finish the question

Victoria
Unread 10-14-2008, 02:04 PM
cathys1

Yikes - I didn't read that in the question - will have to go back and add that into it? I thought that was more 943!!!!
Finding this unit quite hard actually! Taken me longer to get through it than 403 which was a beast - but I enjoyed it. Creativity is my thing (or so I thought until I started this!
Unread 10-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

I agree I thought this unit would be pretty starightforward especially after 403!! but its proving hard going - how did you see the question cathys1??

:reading:
Unread 10-14-2008, 05:35 PM
cathys1

I posted on another persons question a link to a clip by an English guy who has moved to America. From that I went on about how important creativity is, and how it helps children when they're older. I also talked about how creativity helps children and what it develops, and how it helps their early education and IQ and so on. Finally what creativity does in helping brain connections.

I don't waffle for the sake of waffles sake when I answer, I try to just answer the question as I read it!
Unread 10-14-2008, 08:48 PM

Yes I watched the clip of the guy - he was very good and very funny too!
Unread 10-14-2008, 09:07 PM

http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/docume..._php688OSj.pdf

I found this quite useful
Unread 10-15-2008, 02:20 PM
cathys1

Thanks - that was great - will help for a few answers.