Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 09-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Hannahlg

Default 303 - K3D219 - Help

Im a bit stuck on part 4,10,11,12,13 and 20

I have found but i have coverd all the other parts in other work which i have done for diffrent uints

4 - Provide a fremwork to support inclusion and anit-discriminatory practice, meeting individal and group needs.

10 - Provide an enviorment that is child firendly and encoruges play, exploration and problem solvoing

11 - use cultusll and developmentally appropiate activites, materials and firsnt hand experiences to support learing and development

12 - Support litracy eg mark making writting recignition of enviorment print, use of books and stories accounding to the childs age needs and abilites

13 - Use a range of verbal and non-verbal communcation strategirs, such as talking listening, makinf eye contract, persona dolls singing, rhymes, and stoies circle time.

20- Provde a safe enviroment that encouges children to devleop physical skilld and confidences in movments - i have started number 20 i have put -

It is important that my setting provides a safe environment that encourages the children to develop physical skills and confidence in movement. In my setting we have a large out side play area for the children. The outside environment is safe for all of the children, and there is lot of different outside equipment for the children to use and space for them to run up and down. The physical skills which children will be able to develop outside are , running, climbing , jumping, balancing, riding bikes. We also take the children out to indoor play gym the play gym is a safe environment for all children and helps them develop there physical skills as well.

i cant think of anything eles to put really

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

4 think of an activity you love doing with the children, for me it would prob be painting then think about doing it with 2 children a baby first then a 6 year old how would the activity be different for each child ? (both children at the norm stages for their age). now imagine your doing the activity with both children at the same time how would you ensure both were included and had the same learning oppertunity how would you make it fair? how would you meet both their needs? now think about what can be done in genral to support all children in any activity weather the children are younger, advance, or have special needs remember to think about inclusion and discrimination laws and policies.

5- what makes a good safe environment where the children will want to play and learn? think about cleanness, lay out-things on the childs level etc, think about montessori settings which are designed to teach children through play, what things would look interesting to a child what would they explore? what colours, posters and displays would encourage children? where would you mathermatical-problem solving be in the environment? in the sand water tray etc?--how could you make this more interesting? maybe use things that the children like dinosours or cars etc who would be in a child friendly environment looking after the children and how would they behave? policies, training etc

11 is just asking what activity could you use to meet a specific age a nd stage development, what from your own experiance would you use? what resorces will you use and how do they support the child? what could be used to introduce cultures? and how can you encourage the learning and development? for this id prob talk about a role play area and include learning theorists.

12 this is providing writing, painting and mark making materials such as chalk silk crayons glitter pens pencils paints and paint brushes etc and then marterials to make the setting a language ritch environment books, letters, words displayed etc and you have to talk about differentiation (adapting to lower higher ability etc) for example to support litracy i would give all the children the oppertunity to mark make and develop their fine motor, grasping and control skills, to meet individual needs for children who are younger or below the norm i would let them use fatter tools for easier grip but for older advance children id encourage the use of thinner tools to encourage their tripod grasp and control further.
also think of how you could get children interested in litracy-post box role play, story sacks from libary, small world toys to promote fine motor skills etc also think about your learning theories you writing it first then they copy-bandura and also use language theorists

13 think about a child who is non english speaking, deaf or blind, or below the norm how would you communicate with them? how do you communicate with a baby differently to a child? also look up makaton, gestures and signing as well as thinking about singing, tone, loudness etc

20 why is it important to have space? how is it safe? what eqiptment does your setting have and how does all these promote physical development? how can they develop those skills? talk about positive reinforcement, role models, reasorces-nature walk? steps?, adult and focused activities, using the childrens intrests-i.e cars-make a road, child led activities, circle activities, games, lay out and areas-outside you should have all the areas you have inside i.e creative, mark making, construction, include gross and fine motor skills

hope i have helped

Last edited by SomeoneSpecial : 09-18-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Unread 09-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Hannahlg

thanks im sure it will
Unread 09-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Hannahlg

Hiya for number 11

i have picked dressing up and role play area and i have listed a few diffrent multicural Resources which i will need etc - is this right?

then do i just right about how it will support children in they leraning and development?

your inomation is a great help