Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 02-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road
Default k4m787 unit 402

unit 402 K4M787
Procedures involved in interagency working, including setting up and participating in multidisciplinary meetings, ensuring professional respect and accountability, coping with the anxiety that may interfere with effective interagency communication

I am having a problem with this has anyone got any pointers please!

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road

try www.everychildmatters.gov.uk

that site may have some useful info, u may have to hunt about a bit x
Unread 02-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Multidisciplinary is a scary word

A member on another forum has a signature sentence that says ' I used to have a handle on things - then it broke ' lol

This PDF from SCRE, University of Glasgow looks good for background information - Multidisciplinary Teamworking Indicators of Good Practice

And as recommended - Setting up multiagency services from Everychildmatters.gov.uk

As far as accountability is concerned that comes down to ensuring polite written confirmation of all responsibilities is obtained.
Everyone needs to know who/which department to call in the event of a query, they in turn need to know who has responsibility for providing the answer !!

Taking minutes/log of meetings is important, as is making sure everyone recieves a copy to verify the details ( or for clarification if taking your own objective minutes ) - witness signatures, date & contact information should be the founding part of any propossed teamwork with Contracts, Agreements, Ts & Cs being the formal part of ensuring where accountability & responsibilities belong.

A bit heavy going is A Development Approach to Improving Inter-Agency Working from openscotland.gov.uk
& much easier reading from North Lanarkshire.gov.uk - Getting our priorities right

Interagency anxiety I can only think refers to uncertainty in knowing where accountability/responsibility lies within own agencies & possibly not knowing how others work - how to proceed - how to benefit/improve things for all - what latest thinking is & is information/current practice uptodate - being accused of something guidelines are supposed to protect against and possibly availability of resources. Coping with this I'm sure just means writing down the questions these fears throw up & finding out the answers !

Would be very interested to hear what else you find out ...

Good luck
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:06 PM

Thanks its just what i needed, almost finished 402 now
Unread 02-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Another thought on interagency anixiety is fear of something being picked up on that shouldn't be happening or having missed something and the knock on potential of damaging the reputation of self & the agency represented !! Business is a tough call nowadays and worry that you've missed something that someone else or a competitor may discover can be quite a shocker !

Brandy have you thought what you may do once you've finished this qualification ()
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM

Im deputy at a playgroup ive worked at for 9 yrs so I am quite involved and dedicated, no 2 days are the same, myself and the playleader work really well together and we have a good team, so I am happy where I am at the moment, I have found this qualification has given me a lot more confidence and now ive only got 2 units to do I'm looking forward to completing it, it has been a lot of work but i have learnt loads from it, and we have improved our practice in the setting.
Unread 08-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

sladey! is on a distinguished road

I am completley lost with this question , i ave looked at the above links and i still don't know how to start my question. I just seem to be going around in circles. Please help, can you give me some indication of how i should start this question. Thank you
Unread 08-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Kaa

I am finishing off that unit at the moment. I started by explaining a bit about my experences of working with other agencies and built up from there, adding information from this site.
Hope this helps you to get started. That can someitmes be the most difficult part and you find the information flows afterwards.