Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 08-11-2008, 09:44 PM
kelly Hall

Help SOS K4M798 please help

K4M798 Methods involved in data collection, monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of procedures and practice,
including consultation with children and families

please could someone help me to start this question off, i seem to be brain dead again

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

how would you collect info about what works well in your setting, for example if you wanted to know how well your meet and greet procedure and how effective that practice is? or how would you collect info about how well planning is going? or about who has good practice in that they relate well and get on best with the children and parents? how would you collect info on how good your fire practice is?

basically you just have to think of practice and procedures and then say how youd monitor and revew them or collect info on them.

e.g: to collect data on the effectivness of the settings fire procedure, i would do a practice fire alarm and observe everyones actions and look at how long the time took to evacuate the building. then use this data seen and collected to revew and evaluate the effectivness of the settings practice and procedure. if they took a long time to get out then..... after carrying out the assesment i would talk to staff and the children to ask them how they felt the fire practice went, id also ask if they felt they could ....and add this to a conclusion, if i felt it nessessery the effectivness of the fire procedure or any other procedures were adressed then i would discuss it in the staff meeting, with the boss or with parents/children/families....

hope this helps