Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 07-20-2008, 09:29 AM
powell

Default help pls 303

i have done 4 obs 1 target child 1 narrative 1 time sample 1 tick list now i have to assess and evaluate and do next steps do i have to do seperate evaluation and assesmants or just one linking all 4

Last edited by powell : 07-20-2008 at 12:57 PM.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-20-2008, 10:48 AM
noah

sorry don't understand the question.. or is it just me?
Unread 07-20-2008, 11:24 AM
powell

Default sorry

sorry bout that i was cut off mid sentence i need to know if i should evaluate and assess as one or do them all together not relly sure what im doin on this unit
Unread 07-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Maheena

If you done 4 obs on 4 different children, then most likely 4 seperate evaluations,
it should't take long, just need to see if u met ur objective or not, if not what type of ob would give u a fuller picture of what u intended to find out abt child.

hope answer helps.

i have completed 3 obs, just done brief evalution at the end of each.
Maheena
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:14 PM
noah

It could mean firstly assess the child child from the observation and then evaluate the kind of observation and if you met the objective. If not what other observations could you use.

That is how I would interpret it. to see if you know the value of them and can assess a child's needs from them

Assess =Look at what the child did, was it at a suitable level of development for that child, and what would be the next step for the child. need not be long.
Evaluate= if the obs was suitable for this, how else could you assess child's needs and kind of obs to do as follow ups if needed. (you don't need to do them just say what you would do!)

And for each observation individually
Unread 07-20-2008, 10:30 PM
powell

thanks the obs were on the same child i was told it would be easy to do it thay way , can you remind me what objective means i forgot x
Unread 07-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Maheena

objective = goal.
what ur goal is for doing the ob, basically what are u looking for in ur ob, why u r doing, what r u hoping to find out abt child, e.g, u want to know if the child is socially interacting with others, in ur ob u would look if child is playing alone or with others over a period of certain time.

M