Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 05-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tbone is on a distinguished road
Default 307

when might it be necessary to change the routine or activities in setting how might you adapt existig activiies for specific needs im not sure if it means adapt for pysical or learning abilities or maybe outdoors with weather conditions can any body helpplzzz

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road

I would say you would have to change routines or activites for the following reasons:

Weather Conditions (if it starts to rain etc)
Physical Disabilities (someone in a wheelchair)
Learning Disabilities (dyslexia)
Different Age Groups (younger / older)

If someone is in a wheelchair they might not be able to join in all physical activites, like football but you could change it to a different ball game. Also making room for wheelchair use as you will need wider space.
If someone suffers from dyslexia and has problems reading, you'd have to change the activity where there is not so much reading and maybe have someone there to help wih any reading without making the child feel different to the rest of the group.
If you have a older child and a younger child, you would have to make sure the all age groups can do the activity as a younger child might not be able to do somethings like the older child can.

I hope this helps but I think thats how I would go about it. Thats all I got im afraid
Unread 05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tbone is on a distinguished road

thanks kitty i thought that was what ineeded just wasnt sure thanks again tbone
Unread 05-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

cornish maid is on a distinguished road

That sounds very helpful, 307 is my next Unit and I have been putting it off as there is so much written work with this one! Its great to get ideas from others. Thanks.