Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 12-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

elle is on a distinguished road
Help SOS CYPW level 3 Diploma

================================================== ==
Find help with level 3 CYPW units here
================================================== ==

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the site and after reading some posts on the cypw, I am feeling a bit apprehensive. I have been workind in a primary school for the last 4 years lunchtime supervising and now I am doing after school care, which I have been doing for the last few months. I am wanting to gain a recognised qualification in childcare and after talking to a tutor from a local college I was told that the L3 Diploma was the one to undertake, I gained a NVQ2 in Health and Social care about 10 years ago but have been told that this is ok and should go straight onto the L3 cypw Diploma. Can anyone advise me as to weither the jobs I do now will enable me to get this qualification, as after reading some posts on the course I am a bit worried! Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-29-2012, 02:32 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

No it wont. you will be highly challenged to get the evidence you need. you need to be a key worker and do observation and planning and know the eyfs inside out. you would need to get a placement in early years to do it in my college
Unread 12-29-2012, 03:18 PM

Thaks for your reply, I appreciate it. I know work will allow me to go and work in the nursery and with the early years as much as I need and work alongside the NNEB's would that enable me to do the course then?
Unread 12-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Hi Elle,
go for it, I too was a lunch time supervisor and I completed ccld NVQ level 2 then went on to complete the CYPW diploma level 3, best thing I ever did lots and lots of hard work but all worth it as I am now employed as a full time TA and I love it. Good luck and this site is fantastic for help and guidance x
Unread 12-29-2012, 07:21 PM

Hi Wendy Bob,
thank you so much for your reply, I am just feeling so worried about doing the course as I am paying the fees myself and havent done anything academic for a few years, the tutor told me I could go straight onto the level 3 course, and I keep thinking that maybe I should do level 2 first but she seems to think that as I have done an NVQ 2 in the past ( although this was in adult health and social care) that I will be fine? I can spend as much time in the nursery and the early years as I like, so maybe I will be able to do it but I would say my knowledge is minimal.
Unread 12-30-2012, 01:24 PM

Hi Elle,
I know lots of people who went straight onto the level 3 but for me I didnt feel confident enough to do it and am glad I did level 2 first as this helped me but we are all different so do whats best for you and good luck x
Unread 12-30-2012, 03:07 PM

Default thanks

Hi Wendy, thanks for your reply, could you possibly tell me how the 2 courses differ from each other, I cant help but think that skipping level 2 would mean missing out a lot of the basics that you would be excpeted to know when you do level 3.
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:15 PM

Hi Elle,
level 3 covers more units at level 2 I did 10 units for diploma level 3 I covered 20 units just depends on what optionals you choose and what credits they are worth. You need 65 credits or more and each unit is worth different credits 2 of my units were also level 4. The level 3 goes into alot more detail and covers alot more early years I think I would of found it hard had I not completed level 2 first but as Ive said thats me. x
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, sorry for jumping in, if content comparrision would also be useful you can view the units for both courses on the archived CWDC website - lv 2 information & unit links & lv 3. If it helps the website's shown that the difference can be in supporting learners with underpinning knowledge & professional confidence regarding theorists and theory, educational approaches, methods of obseving and understanding child development. Difficulties can be in personal resillience and presenting a case for enrolling on a level 2 where a college feels that level 3 is more appropriate, the fees involved with separate 2 & 3 levels are a consideration and the reach of professional perspectives towards level 2 - page 6+ of the Nutbrown review http://www.education.gov.uk/nutbrownreview along with employment preferences when it comes to level 2 & 3s.

You can also browse preview pages of handbooks on amazon here - level 2 and level 3

Hth, a warm welcome to the site xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-31-2012, 03:38 PM

Default feeling under pressure

Hi and thanks for your reply, I am feeling overwhelmed and dont know what to do, as I have mentioned in previous posts what my job roles are am not sure the level 3 is best to start on, but the tutor at the collage says its fine for me to do. I have not worked directly in the nursery or reception classes< just have them in my care during lunchtime and after school, I would however be able to go into these areas as much as I wanted to on starting my course, but still feel a level 3 is a bit of a jump with no direct experience, but again I have been told that this is fine, but I cant help but feel worried and dont want to find it to difficult or fail as I am funding the course myself.