Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Mags is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Can someone point me in the right direction?

Hi everyone!

Well, I'm new to this and this is my first post so please bear with me! I found this site a while ago and so far it's been most helpful. However, after seemingly doing okay for a while, I've now hit a brick wall and am getting slightly frustrated as this "thick moment" has been going on for three days now!

I'm currently on CYP Core 3.4 "an explanation of how current health and safety legislation, policies and procedures are implemented in own work setting". Sounds simple enough but for some reason I'm just not getting it! What, precisely, is it asking me to write about? Just my settings own health and safety policy and that things are kept up to date by making changes to our policies and procedures as necessary??

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be super grateful - gotta have this one completed by Wednesday! Thanks in advance!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi,
CURRENT GUIDANCE
Health and safety act work act 1974 this act gives the overall responsibility for health and safety to the employer but also give duties to the employees. The act requires buildings to be well maintained for the safety of the users, the general environment should be clean and safe, all equipment must be used and stored safely, working practices must promote the health and safety of children, employees must know about the safety policy in the setting, appropriate training and supervision, protective clothing provided, first aid facilities provided, its important that employees cooperate with their employer on health and safety. Ensure as far as reasonably practical the health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees. Instruction, training and supervision.
Motor vehicles my setting will only hire buses, which have seat belts fitted.

RIDDOR under this act you must report any work related deaths or major injuries, work related diseases and near miss accidents. Keep an accident book for recording all accidents; investigate the cause of an accident. Report accidents as soon as possible. OFSTEAD must be notified.

Regulations on manual handling I have been trained in the correct techniques in lifting heavy loads so as not to injure myself when lifting or moving equipment and children. It’s important to follow good practice. Avoid hazardous manual handling operations wherever possible, assess any hazardous manual handling activity that cannot be avoided, inform employees of measures to reduce risk and give out information on the load and also review risk assessments regularly.
Product marking this allows you to identify if it is safe for use and the BRITISH STANDARDS INSTITUTION will test items and the BSI kite mark means that the product complies with the relevant standard and is safe and reliable.
RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER MANAGEMENT OF HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK REGULATIONS 1999, assess the risks to employees and non employees which arise out of the work activity, follow instructions given is the responsibility of the employee, the employer must appoint competent persons and assess the capability of employees and provide training.
CHILDCARE ACT 2006, in 2008 this act also covers the early years and legislation on safeguarding, suitable people, suitable premises and equipment, organisation and documentation to provide health and safety and the welfare of the early years children. Adult child ratio must be in place and qualified practitioners employed there must always be a first aid person around.
dont forget to add COSHH and hope this helps x
Unread 06-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Mags is on a distinguished road

Thank you! Massive help! I think sometimes I try and read to much into what the questions are asking of me and end up going round in circles confusing myself!

Thanks again - you're a star!