Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 08-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

susanpeter is on a distinguished road
General question OU foundation degree in early years

Hi all

I am new to this site and hopefully i am going to start my degree in Oct. I have just finished my level 3 children and young peoples workforce course.

I have looked at the FDEY and am I right in thinking that it states that you need to be working with children 0-7. My question is does this mean between the ages of 0-7 ie I work in a pre-school aged 2-5 is that ok or do they mean you have to work with children aged 0-7.

Thankyou for any advise xx

:rotfl:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Possum is on a distinguished road

I did my FDEY with the OU and I'm only working with 2 - 5 year olds. It's fine. Good luck with it!
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:22 PM

Thankyou xxx I am looking forward to it
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Naomi_Holywell is on a distinguished road

Hi, i have done and doing the exact same as you Susan. Due to start 1st oct? Had a look at the first assignment and feeling bit nervous about writing in their style and all the referencing. Be handy to know someone else from a pre-school if we need any advice :).
Unread 09-27-2011, 04:52 PM

Hi Yeh I have had a look at the first Assignment and thought ohh err. My level 3 has given me a lot of help eg with regards to legislation etc. Have u been alloacted a tutor yet? I have but have not had details re tutorials.
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:36 PM

katy1 is on a distinguished road

Hi
I'm also starting with the OU on 1/10. Completed Level 3 in July. Looking forward to this further study.
Katy
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirkycharlie is on a distinguished road

hi i am also doing this course as well finding it hard as also have a 6 month old to look after
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

WendyW is on a distinguished road

I have just started this course too. It all seems very daunting at the moment. I have completed all activities for week 1 and I am now starting on week 2 activities. I have only just found the link for TMA01 and just don't know if I am doing everything correctly. I have been given lots of differing advice from people, so I guess it is just a case of finding what sort of way works best for me.

I am stressing already about the first TMA - where do I start, how do I structure it, how do I deal with the referencing and claiming the outcomes ???? aaarrrgggghhh
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:56 AM

zara is on a distinguished road
Help SOS

hi everyone i have also just started the FD with the OU looking forward to it but nervous as in want do how to lay out any help would be great. THANKS
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:05 PM

katy1 is on a distinguished road

Hi

I've got my first day school at Dudley tomorrow for E100 and to look through TMA01. Will let you know how it goes! Have completed activities for week 1 so guess will find out if doing it right!