Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 12-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tataaa is on a distinguished road
Help SOS some ideas please?

hello, I got my Child Development Project , it's to much information and I don't know where to start. someone can help me please? Thank you!
Child Development Project
The aim of this task is to develop your understanding of children and how they develop…

You can decide how you format and style your own project (be as creative as you like) but it should include the following:

What is the difference between sequence of development and rate of development? Why is the difference important?

Within your project you should think about how development is influenced by different personal and external factors such as health, disability, environment, family etc

How can disability affect development?

Which multi agencies may you work with to support development?

Why is it important to identify developmental problems early on, what are the potential risks of late recognition?

Think about the reasons why children may not follow the expected pattern of development

Explain the different types of support and interventions available to help promote positive outcomes for children that are not following the expected pattern of development

Think about the different transitions that child may experience and how this can affect development.

Research into the following theorists and summaries their theories of development, then think about how this effects your setting

 Piaget,
 Vygotsky
 Montessori
 Bowlby

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, this is a project so there's time for you to plan ahead, read, research, ask and write things down xx it seems like a lot but it will be taken step by step :)

Have you checked which handbook you're to use for guidance?

On amazon.co.uk - level 2 introduction to early years education

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-02-2016, 04:44 PM

Hello Ruthierhyme well I'm stuck in this proyect and I don{t really know how to start? very counfused.
need some help
Unread 01-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Hi, which section of it?

Have you looked into the first part and found out what the difference is between children's sequence of development and the rate of development?

This quote is from the sample unit - Pearson child development

All development happens in the same order, but can occur at different rates.
A baby has to hold his or her head up, learn to sit with support, and then without support, before he or she can stand by holding on to furniture and then eventually walk alone. No baby can learn to walk before sitting up. But it is perfectly normal for one baby to walk at ten months and another not to learn this skill until the age of 18 months.

If you haven't got a handbook yet the reading in this level 2 handbook - on amazon.co.uk and unit TDA 2.1 will support your research and lead you on to the next section of the project - why the difference between sequence and rate is important

Hth
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-02-2016, 07:04 PM

yeahh thanks I got that book!!! I allready finish that part but I'm not sure about the last part?
Explain the different types of support and interventions available to help promote positive outcomes for children that are not following the expected pattern of development

Think about the different transitions that child may experience and how this can affect development.

Research into the following theorists and summaries their theories of development, then think about how this effects your setting

 Piaget,
 Vygotsky
 Montessori
 Bowlby

a bit confused. thank you for your help
Unread 01-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Hi, for types of support look at page 98 and MU2.2 pages 106+

There are many different outside services that offer support and intervention for when children's development is not following expected patterns - professional services

How do you support the children in your setting?
Are you expected to make observations, follow recommendations given by senior staff, professionals and parents, help support a child in different situations, plan activities, speak with parents, share information with appropriate colleagues.

To research transitions check page 99+

There' isn't much reading for the theorists in the level 2 handbook, can you contact your course provider to ask when they'll be teaching you about the theories so you're able to summarise and link them to the practice happening in your workplace ?

If it helps, there a good introduction in the How Children Learn book 1

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-03-2016, 04:36 PM

cool I'll have a look and actually I got this child development book http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0435420488

thank you for your advice!!! really helpful