Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 03-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jennifer jane is on a distinguished road
Default so so confused !!!!!!!!!

i just started this nvq i've had no feed back from my assesor and today i found out that we're meant to have TASKS given to us to follow ? i've not done level 2 so i'm really lost as i read a thread on here and she said she just got on with it.........i just don't know were to start without some guidenence

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Smile

Hi, if you take a read through the forums you'll see you're not alone in feeling like its a case of treading water.

There's much advice and experience on here and one suggestion you may face is that level two may of been of better place to start, however unless this is something you feel strongly enough about to change welcome to the nvq 3 forum

The search page will allow you to look for knowledge that members have posted about - type in ref codes, unit numbers or a section of text from what you're reading into the search field and the results should be returned for you.

All the units are available on cwdc for reference, you can access them through this thread - NVQ3 CCLD

RA's - reflective accounts, PD's - professional discussions are a couple of acronyms you may become familiar with quite quickly.

Do you have contact details for your assessor, maybe send an email to ask what the task/s are?

Best wishes & look forward to hearing how things go xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Amanda Adams is on a distinguished road

I skipped to level 3 also and, believe me, you are not alone in feeling this way. I still feel llike that-as do many others! Reflective accounts are a good place to start. eg unit 301-K3D179 -write about an experience when children have been in conflict and how you dealt with it and may have done it differently if at all. Get a good book - CCLD level 3 penni tassoni, kath bulman and kate beith very good.
You will be fine - Amanda - still confused!!!!!
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:29 PM

thanktyou amanda but did you get given specific tasks to do ?
i wish you all the best also
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:15 PM

angeg1 is on a distinguished road

Hi another newbie here feel like too old for all this! after reading these posts seems like some get units as questions but i am working through tech certs and the wording can be quite tricky very useful site though will be seeking advice for defxx
Unread 03-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Amanda Adams is on a distinguished road

Hi again - doing NVQ3 at college. All very non-directional. Yes I have to plan for observations but is much more paperwork based. With ref to angeg1 - things are wordy - nightmare. If you dont understand - ask- DO NOT STRUGGLE- your assessor is there to help you. That is what they are paid to do!!!

Amanda
Unread 05-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

ray is on a distinguished road

Hiya . I wasn't given tasks. I think it depends on how your course is being delivered. I was sometimes asked to set up an activity if my assessor needed to observe a certain aspect. Are you doing an NVQ? I was as a "mature" apprentice.So it is delivered in a different way.
Unread 05-15-2010, 01:12 AM

Default it's getting better !!!!!!!

:reading: yes ray i'm doing level 3. i tell you i get my books out some times & all focussed t go then i'm all confused again , anyway i got my tasks and on my way now -slowly but surely -but as they say Rome wasn't built in a day
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

ray is on a distinguished road

Hiya...... I bought the Penny Tassoni book. Childrens Care and Development Level Three. Found it really helpful. Good luck!!!!