Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-10-2009, 01:49 PM
katy_s

Alert eek!!

i have my ofstead on monday or tuesday!!

I havent had ANY EYFS training as i have just returned to minding from being on maternity leave june - febuary.
There is training corses in my area but not till september
I have resurched and looked at other childminders are doing ect and i have tried to follow what i think i am ment to be doing - so fingers crossed for monday lol x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

carriesmad is on a distinguished road

I had mine couple of months ago and I know how you feel. EYFS seems scary but my ofsted inspector said for childminders it's not complusory to have all the planning, observations and assessments written. I gave her my planning sheets which i'd tried to link to eyfs but she didn't really look at them (gutted!) she was more interested in talking to me and wanting me to tell her how i'd planned for individual children based on their interests and stage of development - this is stuff we do without thinking about normally so perhaps just try and give it a little bit of thought beforehand. One thing that is compulsory on eyfs is written risk assessments on your house, garden and outings. I went on the ofsted website beforehand and looked at a few random childminders reports just to give me an idea of what they would be looking for. Hope this helps and it all goes well.
Unread 06-10-2009, 07:37 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

just explain you have just returned and if you can book some training to show her the booking. the important thing is each child's individual needs, extending what they do today tomorrow and enc the enjoyment of learning plus of course high quality care.
xx
Unread 06-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

janeb is on a distinguished road

Good luck Katy - got my fingers crossed for you:clover:

Try to be relaxed and show Ofsted what you normally do and discuss the fact that you are booking a future course to update your knowledge - they should see this as a real positive.
Unread 06-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Have a good read through the Eyfs before she comes and make sure you can talk confidently about the things we must do... the requirements.

If there's anything you are not sure about, put it on a wish list for courses for the future and mention it in your Sef as an area you want to improve.

Good luck for your inspection!