Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 08-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Crb

My friend does some nannying work with a agency and she has now been told that she needs to have new CRB,last one was three years ago.This will cost her £50 so shes not a happy bunny.Told her you would all know!
Do we all need to have ours checked every three years?Mine is at least four and no one has asked me.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-19-2007, 08:00 PM

cabin is on a distinguished road

Good practice is every three years - even though now ofsted have 'relaxed' slightly and leave it to individual settings to make own policys. Some settings get staff to sigh a 'disclaimer' each year stateing no changes etc. I would expect a nannying agency to expect three years tops. Is there some way your friend can get hers done a bit cheaper herself - I started doing assessing for a college-- so I got a new(free) one through them. Although my worksetting we still update every 3 years anyway.
Unread 08-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Patsy

surely if its with an agency they should pay and charge the clients per week for that portion of the crb. its in both of those parties interest.if the person has been with the agency a long time she deserves it.If not surely the agency can pay on a proviso that if she leaves she owes so much back.Hope this makes sense.
Unread 08-21-2007, 04:57 PM

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Crb

It would be lovely if the Agency paid!or even if they paid half! My friend has told them to go jump!Luckily she has enough clients who phone her at home!!!!
Unread 09-09-2007, 09:35 PM
strawberrykisses

wow 50 is a lot, they are 20 in scotland and you have to have one for each organisation/agancy you are with so i have kloads of them. most agencys you have to pay yourself. but a lot of voluntary organisations pay for you