Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 07-24-2020, 10:27 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

nessieaboutpiglet is on a distinguished road
I'm confused unit 11 Engage in Personal and Professional Development

Has anyone done this unit?

I'm really struggling to understand how best to answer this unit in general, but the last 3 questions seem to be flying over my head.... any suggestions would be amazing, before i throw the laptop out the window in a fit of self rage

Q5.1 Evaluate how learning opportunities identified in your personal development plan have improved performance.

Q5.2 Explain how reflection on own practice has led to improved ways of working.

Q5.3 Show how to record progress in relation to a personal development plan.

I was only volunteering at the school so never had to go through personal development plans and obviously its now school holidays so unable to speak to anyone there for information. please internet people save my brain from exploding

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-27-2020, 09:33 PM

Agent78600 is on a distinguished road

hello there :)))) i did an assignment similar to this one so i hope i can help.
I am not sure about the first part. For the second part you could give examples of when you were reflecting in your work experience. You could say that you used reflection theories such as Donald Schön's theory and give examples of where you applied it and how this helped you.

The third part, you could use Gibbs reflective cycle to talk about an experience. or you could form a career plan in which you will talk about career aspiration, goal, strenghts, weaknesses, and plan.

I am really bad at explaining things. Hope this helps :)
Unread 07-28-2020, 12:28 PM

nessieaboutpiglet is on a distinguished road

Know where best to find info about these theorists? I've not added much theorist work into my answers for this course. Last time I did theorists was a good 10+ years ago
Unread 07-28-2020, 12:59 PM

Agent78600 is on a distinguished road

Make sure you understand the theories. think about why you would use them. I honestly also struggled with reflection. Not my cup of tea :(. Those are the links i used:

https://graysreadinggroup.wordpress....-donald-schon/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5673148/
and for gibbs reflective cycle i got information from the textbook: Cambridge Technicals Level 3 Health and Social Care (Cambridge Technicals 2016)
I would honestly recommend using textbooks. The internet can sometimes contain irrelevant whole junk of information. if you can't find any textbook use this link:
https://www.mindtools.com/pages/arti...tive-cycle.htm

This is an example of my work about me reflecting.

The idea of reflective practice can also be applied to my work experience(one-to-one interaction) where I received feedback by my witness. Gibbs theory can be applied here to help me reflect in a better way.

1)Description= In a nursery, I was doing a puzzle activity with a girl named Amna. She has struggled with phonics and identifying letters so the visual activity was a method used to help her learn.
2)Feeling= Before the session started, I was feeling a bit anxious, as I had never worked with Amna, however, I started to feel confident and normal once the interaction started.
3)Evaluation= Most of my communication skills were effective so I can apply them again. My use of body language with Amna ensured a calm atmosphere, and this helped to form a positive relationship. In contrast, I had trouble with my confidence, which had an impact on how well I performed.
4)Analyse= I had to reflect in action at a certain point because Amna was getting distracted by the noise her fellow classmates were making. I asked her questions and made clear eye contact to gain her attention back and have her engage in the activity. She may have been distracted at one point because I was nervous and talking too fast.
5)Conclusion= I should encompass positive body language with clients in the future as well, as it increases the chance of positive relationships. Without positive body language, there is a barrier between the care receiver and the practitioner, and as a result, they cannot communicate openly and form positive relationships.
I could have used a louder tone of voice to keep Amna engaged, as there were many children across the room and it may have been noisy for her to hear me.
6)Action Plan= If this situation occurred again, I would have the one to one session somewhere quiet, so that Amna can remain focused. If she is still not focused I could perhaps change the activity as a whole, because this may not be a learning method suited to her needs. Also, I will prepare myself better for the type of environment I will be working in and the type of care receiver.

Hope this helps :))) i honestly struggled with this assignment so i understand you pain :(