Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-25-2020, 09:23 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lisha89 is on a distinguished road

Morning all, really hoping you can help and give me a little guidence, I'm doing an level 3 in childcare online course and I'm struggling with this answer.
4.1 describe factors within the early years setting which may impact upon childrens health and well being??
Just cant get started with this one, having brain block, does this mean negative or positive impact?? Any health will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-25-2020, 11:03 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Agent78600 is on a distinguished road

hiya there! :) I did a question similar to this so i hope i can be of any help.
First of all do you have like a mark scheme for this unit. Normally on the mark scheme it tells you on what points you may talk about in your answer. Also if the question doesn't ask for negative or positive i guess it means that you can talk about either positive or negative. personally i would go for the negative factors since it is easier and safe.

So now to answer the question...think about what will effect children's safety in a childcare setting. Some of them could be:
-Staff not trained. This will lead to staff practitioners not following the policies that insure children's health and wellbeing. Give an example of a policy and what will happen if it is not followed. How will that impact child's wellbeing.

Some Example of policies are: Data protection policy, Behaviour policy, Safeguarding/child protection policy and procedures.

The safeguarding policy for example if not followed could result in a child being in danger. As a staff may not have any knowledge on the procedures and steps to take when there is a safeguarding concern.

For data protection policy, if it is not followed then staff members may break confidentiality. For instance if a child's file is left on a table. Somebody could gain access to a child's information such as their address which will put them in danger of abuse.

Health and safety policy is a good one to talk about. imagine the childcare scenario, what measures need to be put in place to insure that children are safe. Wet floor signs. medications, cleaning products are kept out of reach from children. If a staff member is not trained then they will not be able to apply practice in this manner which means that children in the setting will get injured from slips and falls and they may swallow harmful products or medicine so it is important that all practitioners get training and are qualified to work with children.

Another factor that will result in poor health and wellbeing for children is discrimination and abuse. Due to discrimination, a child may not receive equal opportunities of education as all the other children and this would impact the child's mental wellbeing and their education as they may isolate themselves in a corner or produce aggressive behaviour.

Due to abuse, a child will be affected on all aspects of their holistic wellbeing. They may show physical symptoms such as bruises, cuts and burns. The child may be neglected by their guardians or parents, and this means they will be underweight and malnourished. Such a child will not be able to grow in a healthy manner as children at a young age require a stimulating environment, love, and their basic human needs, such as food, clothing, and shelter in order to grow healthy. Here if a child is not provided of any of these qualities they will end up with diseases such as diabetes, lung diseases etc. And their mental wellbeing will also be affected as a child may develop depression, PTSD, and eating disorders to cope with their difficult emotions. It is important that as the child's carers we put them at the centre of care and ensure that we observe and spot the signs of child maltreatment in order to improve child's health and wellbeing.

I really hope this helps. :)
Good luck!

Also can i ask you for help if i am struggling with any questions? :(((( coursework is hard man.
Unread 08-27-2020, 03:42 PM

heva92 is on a distinguished road

am stuck with Describe the possible signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviours that may cause concern in the context of safeguarding
Unread 08-27-2020, 03:51 PM

Lisha89 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Afternoon, thank you for your help really appreciated. I think for you question possible signs could be injurys such as bruses, Mark's and cuts to a childs body, a child may disclose or talk about what happens at home or other, a child who is usually well behaved may all of a sudden have a change in behaviour, that may isolate themself and become withdrawn or show aggressive behaviour towards others. Hope this helps a little.