Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 08-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Nicolala is on a distinguished road
Default Books to read

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this so please be nice. I am starting the CYPW level 3 diploma in September. I have been ready through a few posts on here and I am now rather worried that I am going to find this very hard

I have read through the units in the course handbook and have looked up some books from amazon that might help also.

I would like to know if there are any books any of you could recommend to me that you have needed or been a help to you.

Thank you xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

natalie85 is on a distinguished road

Hi Nicolala,
I am half way threw my course and started in march this year, from day one i have struggled. My problem is how they word the questions, really dont understand some times. i could do with some books, i just use the internet to reaserch and i have the penny Tassoni level 3 text book that is brill. couldnt of got threw it with out a couple if people on here, silky steps is brill xx

Natalie
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi Nicolala,
welcome to silkysteps its a great forum and get yourself CYPW level 3 diploma by Penny tassoni it will give you loads of help and guidence it also tells you websites to look at, have you done your level 2 ? i did my level 2 last year and have just finished CYPW level 3 diploma it there is a lot of researching to do but im sure you will be fine theres loads of great people on here who will help you x
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:53 PM

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolala View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this so please be nice. I am starting the CYPW level 3 diploma in September. I have been ready through a few posts on here and I am now rather worried that I am going to find this very hard

I have read through the units in the course handbook and have looked up some books from amazon that might help also.

I would like to know if there are any books any of you could recommend to me that you have needed or been a help to you.

Thank you xx
Hi Nicolala,

I would obviously recommend the EYFS pack, which is downloadable from here, download both packs the statutory and the guidance.
https://www.education.gov.uk/publica...CSF-00261-2008

and i found this book quite good
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...SIN=0435899910

good luck with your new course and ask if you need some help, i hopefully will have finished by then but will still participate on silkysteps.

Lynne
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:39 PM

Nicolala is on a distinguished road

Aw, thank you all so much. No, I haven't done the level 2. As a parent, I was told that the level 2 would not be much good for me and I was better off going straight to level 3.

I have all these already apart from the Penny Tassoni EYFS handbook but it is on my list of possible books to get, so will definitely be buying it now.

Thanks again, and I'm sure I shall be asking for lots of help and advise from you over the next year.

xx
Unread 08-10-2011, 12:48 PM

Im a parent myself, but i have did the level 2 first and it has hepled me with my level 3. how much experience have you got in childcare (working in a setting) i have 5 years and found some parts to it really hard xx
Unread 08-10-2011, 12:53 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi,
ialso have a child but i did my level 2 first and i believe it helped me a great deal in doing my level 3 but lots of help on here x
Unread 08-10-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy bob View Post
hi,
ialso have a child but i did my level 2 first and i believe it helped me a great deal in doing my level 3 but lots of help on here x
same here, silkysteps is brill xx
Unread 08-10-2011, 01:09 PM

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolala View Post
Aw, thank you all so much. No, I haven't done the level 2. As a parent, I was told that the level 2 would not be much good for me and I was better off going straight to level 3.

I have all these already apart from the Penny Tassoni EYFS handbook but it is on my list of possible books to get, so will definitely be buying it now.

Thanks again, and I'm sure I shall be asking for lots of help and advise from you over the next year.

xx
Hi Nicolala

I was a parent to start off with and completed my level 2 in the year 2000, i have worked with children for 15 years and i still find certain questions on the level 3 challenging sometimes it's the way they are worded and sometimes the question is easy but your brain just won't get into gear but the same as the others, Silkysteps and Wendy have been life savers

Here's to Silkysteps and their members

A BIG THANKYOU.

lynne
Unread 08-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Buzz is on a distinguished road

Nicolala
I only did my core induction training, not Level 2 but am managing but wouldn't be without the Penny Tassoni book and silkysteps and the internet!!!!!