Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sharon ashenden is on a distinguished road
Default physical activity

Hi
I am a childminder currently doing my level 3 i need to plan a physical activity for a 8mth old, 17mth old and 3 year old. It needs to be indoors as i am being observed by my assessor any helps. Really struggling because of different ages.
Many thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Sam2512 is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm thinking of activities for a one year old, indoors and really struggling. Have come up with moving to music, rolling a ball to each other, indoor pushalongs and thats about it at the moment, if it was nice weather it would be so much easier as we would be outside!! Hope you can come up with some more and good luck!!
Unread 10-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mich67 is on a distinguished road

Hi I am in the same position need to do a physical activity for 1 yr old 18month and 2 yr old indoors any ideas anyone
Unread 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mich67 is on a distinguished road
Default Physical activity

Still struggling with this physical activity and how to link it all up with the EYFS, do you think doing something like music and dancing, jigsaw puzzles etc will be good enough and do I have to explain to my assessor how it links up or print some forms off to fill in in front of her? If anyone has done this please can they help.

Many thanks

Michelle
Unread 11-05-2012, 04:57 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

playdough. it covers every area of development as do all activities cos its how you sell it and do it! if they are using a rolling pin they are using large motor skills if they are cutting it is fine. dont over think things