Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 08-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Tanya j is on a distinguished road
Smile Another new one

HI Everyone
This is my first post (not really sure what i'm doing)
I've been a childminder for almost 5 years and love it.
Hope to make lots of new friends and share idea's.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sharon ashenden is on a distinguished road

Hi
I am new to the web site aswell.
I became a registered childminder in March.
Can t believe the paper work side of things and for my sins i have just started my level 3. Finding it really hard.
Hope to hear back from you
Unread 08-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Tanya j is on a distinguished road
Smile Nice to hear from you

Hi
Thanks for the reply
Have you many little one's to look after?
I've been thinking about nvq's but i'm too scared to take that step (worried about to much work and not knowing how to answer them)
As for the paperwork it can be a nightmare but i found that once you keep on top of it it's not sooo bad.
Hope to hear back from you soon
Tanya.x
Unread 08-28-2011, 06:02 PM

Hi
I am currently only looking after one child for two days which is a nightmare really as need more to pay bills.
I have only just started nvq want to do it but finding it very hard to get my brain into gear.
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

sabm is on a distinguished road

hi, i've been childminding for 4 years, only just joined this forum!
I have just started my level 3 diploma, and i have found the book by Penny Tassomi invaluable! A lot of it is easy as its just what you do in your daily work, as you progress in your business, you'll find the level 3 easier, i currently have 7 children on my books, 2 full timers under 3, the others are part time, i have an 18 month old son and a 8 year old daughter...sometimes i wonder how on earth i fit everything in.....it is very hard!!
If you have any questions about childmindin or the level 3...i'm happy to help!!
Unread 08-30-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLWchildcare View Post
I have just started my level 3 diploma, and i have found the book by Penny Tassomi invaluable! A lot of it is easy as its just what you do in your daily work, as you progress in your business, you'll find the level 3 easier, i currently have 7 children on my books, 2 full timers under 3, the others are part time, i have an 18 month old son and a 8 year old daughter...sometimes i wonder how on earth i fit everything in.....it is very hard!!
If you have any questions about childmindin or the level 3...i'm happy to help!!
Hi have a 2 year old and a 11 year old so finding the time to sit down and concentrate is so hard. I am trying to work on the EYMP5 comunication, speech and language have you done this unit any help would be much appreciated, how much are you expected to write.
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kas14 is on a distinguished road
Default it is hard but can be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLWchildcare View Post
totally agree- it comes apart of your every day, i started my level 2 in june and already i have completed my level 2, my first aid and i am half way through level 3 and i am a single mum to four kids working in a nursey and going to college and doing hairdressing to, it can be done but sometimes means very late nights x