Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-20-2020, 09:22 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

onecookie1997 is on a distinguished road
SOS My mind is blank, please help! What are the roles of people in safeguarding policies?

(NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner)

I'm currently on my assignment on Safeguarding the Welfare of Babies and Young Children due on the 25th, and I'm on the last 2 questions, over 10k words in and seem to have thrown a blank

Can anybody help me figure this out, as I seem to be sitting with my head in my hands and seemingly over-complicating everything I read to point where my brain hurts.

- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner in relation to the following procedures:
  • reporting/dealing with disclosure
  • child protection and promoting the welfare of babies and young children
  • safeguarding and security
  • confidentiality
  • information sharing
  • use of technology

- Outline policies and procedures for safeguarding babies and young children in an Early Years Setting

Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-22-2020, 02:31 PM

SparkleDots is on a distinguished road

Are there not policy’s in your setting with this information on?
Unread 05-23-2020, 09:30 AM

onecookie1997 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleDots View Post
Are there not policy’s in your setting with this information on?
Yeah, but currently, I can't access them since my setting is closed for lockdown.... It's fine though, I got there in the end.

Last edited by onecookie1997 : 05-23-2020 at 09:59 AM.
Unread 05-24-2020, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Glad you managed to get through this and my apologies for the late reply.

For anyone else struggling with this criteria, having copies of the workplace policies is most helpful.

Page 67+ of The Level 2 Early Year Practitioner book is aslo supportive reading.

Explain the roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner in relation to the following procedures:
  • reporting/dealing with disclosure

Page 71 Reporting
    If you are aware that something has happened or you have concerns about a child, your responsibility is to reportthis to your setting's designated safeguarding lead (DSL) as soon as possible. You should not tell others in your setting.

Dealing with disclosure

-- If another member of staff or a child discloses/tells you something which is of concern, you also need to report this if they have not already done so.
    -- In the case of a child reporting to you, it is importantant that you tell them that you will need to pass on the informationso that they can be helped. You should not promose to keep secrets.

Who is your setting's designated safeguarding lead and what does your setting expect you to do if you have concerns about a baby or child in your setting?

• child protection and promoting the welfare of babies and young children

Page 72 Your Role around child protection and promoting welfare is to ensure that babies and young children in your care are kept safe, well and protected from harm. All Early Years Practitioners have a duty to talk to children about keeping themselves safe and healthy, which includes having positive relationships and the importance of a healthy diet and exercise, as well as e-safety and keeping safe online.

Practitioners also have a responsibility for ensuring that the indoor and outdoor environment complies with health and safety legislation.

• safeguarding and security

Page 72 In addition to knowing about and being up to date with safeguarding procedures and the designated safeguarding lead in your setting, you need to have a clear idea about how to respond to any concerns or incidents, and how to share information when necessary.

• confidentiality

Page 73 All Early year settings need to keep a certain amount of information about children, their families and the staff who work there. This means that they have a responsibility to keep this information secure, whether it is stored in filing cabinets or on school IT systems.

• information sharing

GDPR requires Early Years Practitioners to share particular information about children and babies with others. This is so that everyone working with each child should have access to information to support the child. This procedure was set up of tragic cases where information was not shared between agencies.

Do you know which of these partners your setting might be working with?
    Parents and cares
    Other Early Yeasrs settings
    Childminder
    Schools
    Hospital
    Police
    GP
    Health Visitor
    Social Worker
  • use of technology

As children will not yet be aware of the dangers of using technology it will be your responsibility to:
    -- Talk to children about it.
    -- Know how to use screening devices/settings to prevent children accessing unsuitable material via the internet.
the cost of ad blockers