Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 12-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lyndaj123 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Help needed badly unit 304

Hi this is me doing my first reflective account ever for unit 304, It is very confusing even after having it explained to me, I have sone some work on it but badly need someones opinion, Any advice or help would be very much appreciated, This is wot i have written so far.

I had my first appraisal on 12.03.09 with my manager, Which i have attatched a copy, We discussed how i was getting on and if i had any problems, I had only been in my job for 4 months and was very much still getting used to the daily rotas, My strenghs were i got on with all the staff straight away they kept me right on all aspects of childcare, And if i had any questions or was unsure about anything i just had to ask, And even if i was doing anything wrong they would point it out in a good way which i have learned to appreciate, The biggest challege was to try and remember all the kids names in each room, This did take me a few months, There was a lot of things i had to remember Some kids have allergies to certain foods like peanut butter or nuts, And some kids are only alloyed certain types of milk, We also disscussed staff training opportunitys which were coming up, This gave me lots more knowledge and benefited me to the job i was doing, We also discussed plans for the future me gaining a qualification which i was very excited about, And i am now in the process of doing so.

This is what I was told to do, Its a reflecitve account covering 'reflect on practice'. Cover all performance criteria for elements one and two and include knowledge points 1 2 9 and 10,

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Karen C is on a distinguished road

Wow why such a big reflective account, have these not been observed? My assessor observed my appraisal and that pretty much covered it.

The easiest way I found, is to put it into sub headings for which order they need to go in and which PCs link together, so:

304.1 (q1) + 301.2 (q4) Explain how you monitor processes, practices and outcomes from your own work - This one wasn't covered in my appraisal so I wrote an account for reflective practice. So explain how you spend time reflecting on your practice, explain how you do this maybe give an example (this is all in unit 304 of the books but shout if you want an example)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

304.1 (q2) evaluate your performance - so when filling in your appraisal form what did you put? Explain how you discussed with the person who did your appraisal areas in your knowledge, understanding and skills where you would like to develop further or feel you need additional support - Cover this in your appraisal write up. Write about what you discussed e.g. what you have achieved, what your strengths are and where you need additional support.

304.1 (q3) How well you think you interact with others - explain that in your appraisal you discussed your partnerships and any areas you feel you need support or improvement i.e. you miss your key child in the morning due to the time you come in, so you do not get to talk to the childā€™s parents.

304.1 (q4) share your reflections with others - write about who you shared your reflections with, so whoever did your appraisal, what feedback did they give you? And from this feedback did you see any areas you have missed in your own reflection? Re: they feel you need support with the EYFS curriculum

304.1 (q5) how reflecting helped you to resolve a problem - so from your appraisal and any problems you discussed, how did this help you to resolve the problem i.e. you discussed with the person who did you appraisal your concerns and they offered their solution

304.1 (q6) + 304.2 (q2) + 304.2 (q3) from reflection with the person who did your appraisal, what did you discuss you could do to improve your practice? Did you devise an action plan with a time scale? What did they offer you? E.g. to attend additional training and did you discuss any additional training you had seen that you would like to attend?

I hope this makes some sense to you and I havent confused you more

Karen
Unread 09-10-2010, 07:26 PM

TINA STANLEY is on a distinguished road

1. please it is not an answers to the questions

2. How should i put my questions that i can aceess a proper answer please,

Like when i am doing performance critereria. please let me do have a proper answer given example. E.G. the question i asked for CCLD 304.1.1 there is no proper asnswer. please i need help to pass this my NVQ Level 3. Thanks . Tins Stanley
3 Finanly, please let my reply to my questions be more strait forword. thanks dear.
Unread 09-10-2010, 07:47 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

tina i think you need to go and talk to your assessor if you don't understand Karen's answer in which she has given you the answers! did you not do the level 2? if not then maybe you need to withdraw and go and do that first? it is your course and for you to prove you know the answers not get them from someone else. read your text book, do some research and if you still dont know the answers then maybe you need to reassess.
Unread 08-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

slimnky is on a distinguished road

struggling filling in my annual appraisal, aaaaaaarrrrgggg need help please.
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimnky View Post
struggling filling in my annual appraisal, aaaaaaarrrrgggg need help please.
Hi, welcome to the site, no one knows you, your working practices or the forms that you have as well as your setting does. An annual appraisal is something that's held in partnership with a manager, mentor or other more senior colleague so that their expertise can help you to identify where your strengths and weaknesses lie, celebrate success and find training opportunities for your professional development.

Is it possible your assessor or tutor can offer any feedback from their workplace observations of you?

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers