Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 10-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Paul Smith

Help SOS NVQ level 2 Development Charts

Hi everyone !
First time I've posted since I've started my course and I'm really enjoying my placement but have hardly had time to think so far !
Coursework hasn't been to bad so far but I'm a bit lost on this one
I have to fill in the development chart for 0 - 16 years and I was given one sheet of paper with 5 columns with very little room. I was told I could do it on the PC as there wasn't much room but how much info do they want ? There is so much you could write about development and I'm not sure how much to include ??

Thanks
Paul

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-20-2008, 11:10 PM
poppyruth

Hi, I have just finished CCLD level 3 after doing level 2 last year. Through both courses I found CCLD Candidate Handbook (Authors:- Beaver, Booty, Brewster, Neaum, Sheppard, Tallack) really useful, most of the answers are there, you just need to find them and trust in your own abilities! Good luck!
Unread 10-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Kelly Fletcher

Default Development chart 0-16 years

Hi Paul, i hope i have done this correctley as i only registered yesterday.
I am in a slight dilemma over the development chart 0-16 yeras, i have been asked to produce one but i dont have any idea where to start. I was only given a booklet with an auwful amount of writing on it.
I hope you achieved your chart and i would much appreciate your help if poss!!!
Thanks kelly.
Unread 10-21-2008, 04:25 PM
nikkicohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Fletcher View Post
Hi Paul, i hope i have done this correctley as i only registered yesterday.
I am in a slight dilemma over the development chart 0-16 yeras, i have been asked to produce one but i dont have any idea where to start. I was only given a booklet with an auwful amount of writing on it.
I hope you achieved your chart and i would much appreciate your help if poss!!!
Thanks kelly.
hi kelly ive just completed my development chart. i have it ready to email if you would like it. like i said to paul i found ivilliage very helpful.
Unread 10-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Kelly Fletcher

Hi Nicki,
Thanks for your reply, i have had a browse @ ivillage and it has helped a little so thankyou for that.
I hope you dont mind sending me an e-mail of your work i much appreciate it as i need to see what i need to put on to paper.
thanks kelly.
Unread 10-30-2008, 02:25 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

baibajulie is on a distinguished road
Default NVQ2

Hi all
I'm new to this site,but after reading a bit I felt relieved,I'm not the only one confused.
It's 1am and I'm still trying to write on children's development 0-16. No idea if I'm going right direction but it has to be done soon.Feeling like I'm not getting enough guidance on how to complete my homework or how to find the info on net.
Never mind,I'll have some more tea and back to work.
Unread 10-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Paul Smith

Thanks for all the replies everyone Been so chaotic over the last few weeks this is the first time I've had to sit and reply ! I've completed my Development Charts and I hope I've done them ok ?
Been finding the academic side of the course pretty tough but then I've never been the academic type. But I've been told what I've done so far has been good so here's hoping this is ok
Unread 11-05-2008, 07:50 PM
discobean

hey eveyone...this is my first post...im doin my ccld level 2 at the moment and im having trouble with my development chart its rather annoying ive been looking on the net all evening trying to find some info but i cant figure out which section i should write each of the developments in...im a dad of two so you woulda thought i could do this chart from experience but im really struggling...oh and i happened upon this forum thru good and paul smith is my name too...very odd...i thought id already been here..lol
Unread 01-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Holly23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkicohen View Post
hi paul ive just started my nvq2 and ive completed a development chart for 0-16 yr olds ive done it on my comp. so if youed like me to email you a copy. ive had it marked as good. i site i also found helpful was ivillage.co.uk. nikki
Hi ive just started an nvq 3 and i cant find much info on the child development chart 0-16 years can you help ? thanks
Unread 01-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Carolyn Meggitt
Child Development birth to 16 years.
is a good book, maybe you can borrow/order it from your local library.

xxx