Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

shaz03 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Aaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it just me or is unit303 hard. feel like quitting i just cant get my head around it. my assessor has also asked me to pick my optional units aswell as try to complete this stupid unit before her next visit. upto k3210 and now im stuck
any help please before i throw my laptop across the room
Sxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

what questions are you stuck on? I have just had 303 signed off and might be able to help although my assessor has my folder.
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:46 PM

Default hi twinthing

hi twinthing the question i am struggling with is :-
k3d210 HOW CURRENT THEORIES OF PLAY CAN INFORM PRACTICE.
any help will be gratefully appreciated
Sxx
Unread 06-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

you need to read up on the theorists, that will explain why we do what we do in our settings, if you search online for child care theorists you will get some information...and if you have the NVQ hand book it has alot of information in there. Write about what the therorists thought and how we use their ideas for our practice such as attatchement theory and the key person system, and free flow and free choice play . hope that helps.
Unread 06-15-2010, 06:29 PM

General question me again

so does k3210 and k3d213 link together??
Sxx
Unread 06-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lea is on a distinguished road

Yea they do i wrote them up together and just had it signed off by my assessor. Hope this helps:
K3D210- How current theories of play can inform practice.
K3D313- There are competing theories of how children develop and how current theoretical views influence practice.

Play is fundamental to children’s health, growth, development and overall well-being. When they have varied and interesting opportunities, their brains are stimulated. Stimulation to the brain is vital for it’s growth. Children should be provided with stimulation and exercise with indoor and outdoor activities.
Play is now a far greater factor of our understanding and is generally recognised as being essential in helping children grow and develop. This is why the Foundation stage and other early years curricula emphasise the importance of providing play environments and activities that will encourage children to learn through play.

There are a few different theories about how children learn and develop. This is known as developmental psychology, and it covers the areas of cognitive, language and emotional development.
Skinner- Reinforcement and punishment moulds behaviour. Children are conditioned by their experiences.
Bandura- Learning takes place by imitation. This differs from ‘Skinners’ conditioning because there is more emphasis on inner motivational factors.
Vygotsky- Development is primarily driven by language, social context and adult guidance.
Play and Development- Play is a great motivator for children it encourages them to run, chase each other, crawl, climb and in doing so they are building their muscles, stamina
And physical skills. Also children playing with jigsaws and rolling dough etc. will be increasing their hand-eye-co-ordination as well as their fine manipulative skills.
Play and language development- Play also helps children to practice speech and communication. This may be through talking to dolls or to each other during role play.
Play and cognitive development- This is where children learn about their environment through play. They can make up games and learn about rules and making rules. This helps to stimulate the brain and form ideas about what is happening.
Play and social development- Play also helps children to build friendships. Role play helps children to explore their feelings and the dynamics of different relationships.
Unread 06-16-2010, 06:14 AM

Thank you thank you

thank you lea you have been a great help. im not enjoying this unit at all finding it really hard....it must get easier after this. lol.
lv Sxx