Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

niklau is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Advice Please

Hello,
could anyone offer me some sound advice please I passed my Level Three CYPW a year ago,which i was really proud of at the grand old age of Fortey,couldnt wait to apply for jobs,when i finally did i had a bit of a culture shockthey didnt want newbies who had just passed ,only people with experience.How are you supposed to have experience of planning etc when nobody gives you the chance to.
So here i am a year down the line as a playworker because i have been knocked back so many times.
Has anyone else had this or can anyone give me some advice ,it is really soul destroying as i would love to be a Nursery Nurse:jump::jump:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-06-2014, 10:51 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you ARE experienced you did up to 400 hours in a setting in order to pass your course, didn't you? make it sound good put it on your cv get a ref from your placement and if you can't get a job go and volunteer
Unread 04-06-2014, 03:09 PM

niklau is on a distinguished road

Hi Tutu, thanks for your reply.
Can I just ask you for some more advice.
I only actually did planning twice for my assesment to be passed
So do u think that was enough?
I have really good knowledge of the eyfs but just need chance to show it x
Unread 04-07-2014, 04:27 PM

lozcal is on a distinguished road

Put your placement on you cv and start volunteering at a local child care establishment. Even if you don't get to do content planning its still good. You can also ask them to help with the planning to get experience?
Unread 04-10-2014, 04:40 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you say i was involved in the planning process on a daily basis.planning isn't the meeting it is what you do everyday when you are setting up thinking about the day before.