Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

charl.leeann.x is on a distinguished road
Default unit 25 safeguarding

can any one help me out ive been racking my brain on this all day i cant get my head around the roles and responsibilites of social services nspcc and all the rest i have already done this unit and the others but lost them all when my laptop crashed and ive got to start from the beging and i only have to the end of febuary to get it all done HELP

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sabriella is on a distinguished road

If you have this book page 118 has a quick summary on each one:

Social services have statutory responsibilities to provide support to vulnerable children and families in need. This may be after a death or when families are finding everyday life difficult. Most social workers are employed by social services

Health visitors have a responsibility for the health of babies and young children under 5. They provide support and guidance to the parents of young children and carry out assessments of a child's development

General practitioners (GP) work in the community- usually from health centres- and are the gateway to other health services. GP's are often the first people to identify possible abuse when a child attends surgey.

Probation services support people convicted of some offences to be rehabilitated into the community. They have a key role in monitoring people convicted of offenses against children and should ensure they do not pose threat to local children

Police are involved in the criminal proceedings that may result from safeguarding issues

Schools and training organisations are key to identifying and supporting children when they are i need of help. All staff working with children and young people should be trained in safeguarding and child protection

Child psychology services will often be needed to support children who have experienced abuse or harm

Also this thread will be useful :)