Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 09-14-2008, 12:16 PM
kate-chic

Default Help!!! I have just started L3

Hi all, i have just started my nvq ccld L3 but i haven't done L2, they are well and truely throwing my in at the deep end.
I have been started on 301 and 305, any help or ideas would be gratefully recieved!
Please, please, please help if you can :reading:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Hannahlg

by the children care learing and development book by peeny tassoni. And hope you get a good asser

and if your stuck on anything on 301 i will help as i have done this uint. cant help you on 305 as i onlyt dont a tiny bit on this unit. you will find lots f help on here aswell i have
Unread 09-14-2008, 03:23 PM
powell

or buy book by miranda walker it will really help i started L 3 in may not got much left to do know ,i was like you never done L2 its hard at first but gets easier if you get stuck on knoledge question post on here someone will help, ive done those two units and they are quite easy but you must get those books (cheap on amazon or ebay) good luck
Unread 09-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome, there are a great many titles available and the internet is a growing source for research and background information, also good for comparing a range of ideas. Your own groups practice is a fantastic first stop for basing studywork on.

Have you been able to meet your assessor yet - virtually or for real ?

Enjoy Silkysteps and post as much as you like

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 09-22-2008, 10:16 AM
ermen

I'm in a similar situation, having worked with children for 15 years with no qualification other than having had a brilliant childhood myself, I started this course and was given very little information. I had to beg to be patronised as I had no clue what I was doing.
I have bought both books suggested, quite pricey but well worth it :-):reading:
Unread 09-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

if you get stuck just ask, i did a different level 3 but if you post what the question(s) are i can try to help. good luck with everything
Unread 09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
powell

yes just ask once you have done one unit it gets easier books are great
Unread 09-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Sarahh79

Hi The level 2 and the level 3 faciliate the same units across 301 - 304, just the l3 you need to be thinkingnfor yourself and at a higher level as at the moment you can be a senior at L3. You need to look at what you so in the setting at have an understadning of what works well and what could be changed to improve. The level 3 book by Heinemann CCLD Level 3 is a unit by unit guide. I think City and Guild have also done a book for the L3. I also would not be without the EYFS Statutory guideance and as i am an assessor I never vtrain anyone without this as all the best pratice is evidenced within this book and all daycare settings must be working toards these standards.
Unread 09-25-2008, 06:16 PM
powell

what qualifications do you need to become an assesor does anyone know ta
Unread 09-26-2008, 03:00 PM
topaz glam

Hi,

If you want to be a CCLD assessor you need childcare qualifications & expereince working with children then you can train to be an assessor by completing an A1 assessors award (this allows you to fully assess NVQ's in your chosen field).
The qualification is completed on the job!