Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 07-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Anne123 is on a distinguished road
Default arrgggghhhhhhh in over my head here

I am due to finish my level 3 children and young people's workforce in October and I am struggling big time!! I still don't really know what the hell I am supposed to be doing. Every time I speak to my assessor she gives me a little bit more information! I have only just worked out that the books I have relate to the units I am doing, just have different numbers!

I only started working in childcare just over a year ago, but had to go straight into doing a level 3, because I have done a level 2 in Business Admin before. I feel like I am in totally over my head! and now the pre-school I have been working at has closed, have managed to get a voluntary placement at my daughters school from September, but at the moment I am trying to get my work done with no placement and my course isn't college based so I am pretty much all on my own. Ohhh and to top it off my assessor is part time (Monday, Thursday, Friday) and only works during term time!

I thought I was doing well and only had 4 units left to do, and finish my personal development project (I'm about 80% done with that) but my assessor has just told me I have another 4 units left to do once I have done these 4!

Beginning to think maybe I should give it up and accept that I just cant do this.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-14-2015, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, getting organised will help you feel more in control xx

Ring your assessor asap and ask what criteria needs to be assessed in the workplace so you know what's expected of you for september and also clarify all your final deadlines eg. written course work submissions.

You have this week left? to ask the office at your school for a copy of every policy and procedure they have that relates to the units you've left to finish. Collect as much documentation as possible before school wraps up for the summer holidays.

Your handbook will be a help and yes, confusingly the unit codes do differ depending on the awarding body that issues your certificate.

I hope this helps, please feel free to post when needed xx
the cost of ad blockers