Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 06-25-2019, 04:28 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Debbs9oo2154 is on a distinguished road
Default Summarise the teacher's programme and plans for literacy?

hi everyone,

first time posting.

could someone help me outline and word which way I should answer this question, I'm currently working with key stage 1 primary 4.

STL TDA unit 311
1.3 Summaries teachers programme and plans for the children in your setting.

I realise this is personal to me and my setting but any pointers would help as this is last question and cant think how to word of what to write.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-25-2019, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a very warm welcome to the site.

If you ask the class teacher about their programme for literacy and their plans they will be able to help xx

For research page 207 of this STL handbook says:

If you are supporting children's learn ing in literacy, as in any other subject area, you should have some prior discusion or knowledge of the planned activities. In many schools, support staff will be given plans in advance or they may be on display in the classroom. You may also be involved in planning with the teacher and be able to give your own ideas as to how you might approach activities with pupils when you are at the planning stage. You may also have an input into planning for other subject areas which support the development of literacy skills.

You will also need to work with the teacher in order to monitor pupil' sprogress in all areas of literacy development. This will usually be through making sure that as you work on literacy activities, children arefocused and able to meet the learning objecvtives. You may need to encourage the participation of some pupils through the use of praise and feedback, and through clarifying any concerns or problems that they may have.

Careful monitoring of pupil progress also involves the communication of clear learngin objectives and feeding back to the teacher at the end of the sessions to ensure that everyone is aware how children have managed the task.

There is an example literacy planner on page 208, check with your tutor to see if need to include a copy of your own setting's literacy programme as workplace evidence, or if you can use the table as a format to summarise what your class teacher is doing for literacy - search inside for 'teachers programme' click to page 208 and scroll up.

A summary would identify activities eg. if shared, guided, individual and paired reading activities happen in your setting, when and for how long. Writing activities. If a phonics programme is used - what it is and how it supports children's literacy skills.

Hope this helps xx
the cost of ad blockers