Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sarah.payne is on a distinguished road
Default getting worried about my first assessment plan I have coming up

my tutor as gave us loads that she wants to observe us doing and then have a hr proffessional discussion as well I am scared and panicing that I will not get to show her everything that she needs to see. And I will fall behind , I am ok on writing about bits but just scared of this assessment and not furfilling what i need to show my assessor

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road
Biggrin

Hi sarah - just be yourself. follow your planned activity and relax. You will be amazed how much your assessor notices and picks up on - in a positive way! afterwards you'll be wondering why you were so worried.
have fun and enjoy it
best wishes
Mrs Noah
Unread 01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

its her job to find the evidence you just do what you do every day follow the plan and TALK as youre doing everything talk about it and let her hear it. so something like 'here tom let me get you a tissue, tell you what ill have one and you have one and you copy me' then blow your nose and she will sign off modelling behaviour, enabling self care etcetc
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
its her job to find the evidence you just do what you do every day follow the plan and TALK as youre doing everything talk about it and let her hear it. so something like 'here tom let me get you a tissue, tell you what ill have one and you have one and you copy me' then blow your nose and she will sign off modelling behaviour, enabling self care etcetc
Thank you both so much I have just made notes for my professional discussion so I can go over them for when i have my talk hopefully that will help on that. Thing is I havent sorted my activity out yet I came up with a good idea to do outside and then my tutor tells me to change it and plan it a different way as she will be coming out and assessing me when she sees us do p.e so I now have to plan a p.e lesson write a plan/ do a risk assessment and then evualuation after. I ahve no idea if my plcement will let me do this I have to discuss it with them when I am in next. Next week as I ahve a funeral to go to this week.
On top of all this my level2 folder as gone missing and noone can find it.
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Hi Sarah,
can you not plan a P.E lesson under the supervision of you mentor at your setting, i did a P.E lesson for one of my obs and i managed to cover lots of criteria
hope this helps x
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy bob View Post
Hi Sarah,
can you not plan a P.E lesson under the supervision of you mentor at your setting, i did a P.E lesson for one of my obs and i managed to cover lots of criteria
hope this helps x
Thank you thats what I am going to ask to see if I can do that. I know there will be staff in with the pe lesson as well.