Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 11-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

saffy_2 is on a distinguished road
Default Analyse how current legislation and guidelines for safeguarding inform policy and procedure. HELP!

Hello all, I am new here. Have been reading a while but haven't posted.
I am doing level 3 EYE with quest. It seems to be very different from other EYE's for some reason, for example different questions and different unit names.
Anyway, I'm on unit 2.2 task 2, which in mine is safeguarding.
The question is:
Analyse how current legislation and guidelines for safeguarding inform policy and procedure.
I don't really know what to write or how to start and any guidance at all is appreciated! Thank you!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-27-2016, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a warm welcome to the site.The EYFS (if you work in england) is built on legislation.
Setting's use the EYFS framework to write/inform their policies and procedures.

If you read page 88+ of this level 3 handbook it goes into detail about how schools and early years are places where children spend a considerable amount of time and the duty that professionals have in making sure that time is spent in environments that are safe and nurturing. Legislation and guidelines underpin this.

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-09-2016, 11:59 AM

saffy_2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much, did this and got it submitted and signed off, thank you!
Unread 02-26-2020, 10:20 PM

Rachel-1989 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Was hoping for some help with this question,
1.3 Analysis how current legislation and guidelines for safeguarding inform policy and procedure

Had it sent back to me as i got it completely wrong, i have read the section in the eye book by penny tassoni so many times but nothing is getting through. I just dont understand what i actually need to be writing.

Thanks
Unread 02-27-2020, 10:42 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

samadhi84 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffy_2 View Post
Hello all, I am new here. Have been reading a while but haven't posted.
I am doing level 3 EYE with quest. It seems to be very different from other EYE's for some reason, for example different questions and different unit names.
Anyway, I'm on unit 2.2 task 2, which in mine is safeguarding.
The question is:
Analyse how current legislation and guidelines for safeguarding inform policy and procedure.
I don't really know what to write or how to start and any guidance at all is appreciated! Thank you!!
Hi, can anyone please help me with Setting Safeguarding Policy and

How does this affect the day to day working with children and young people
thanks
Unread 10-20-2022, 02:10 PM

_queenbeeg_2405 is on a distinguished road

hi hope you dont mind me jumping on this thread. I'm currently stuck on Unit 9 Task 2 - Analyse the responsibilities of early year’s professionals to work in partnership. Please help!!!! thank you
Unread 10-20-2022, 02:18 PM

_queenbeeg_2405 is on a distinguished road

Hi! I have also just started my level 3 EYE course and I'm so stuck already! Would anyone be able to help me with 'Analyse the responsibilities of early year’s professionals to work in partnership' please? it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Unread 10-31-2022, 08:21 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kaneez77 is on a distinguished road

Do some research as to what help and support is available for parents in your area. Having this information to hand will help when it comes to sign posting a parents or inviting these professionals in to the setting.
Contact your local children’s centre, invite a representative from the children’s centre into your setting to talk about what the children centre can offer parents. Display leaflets from the children’s centre in your receptions area. Making this connection with children’s centre can create that close working relationship.
With the help of your SENCO why not create a working in partnership board detailing the support each professional can provide, may be add a photo of each professional. This board can be good for both practitioners and parents as a reference point.
With the introduction of the integrated review for two years olds approaching very soon why not approach your health visiting team. Creating that early relationship and gain an understanding of how both professionals can work together.
Making that first initial contact with professionals from multi agencies can be imitating, however to help overcome this think about the child and what help and support they need. At the end of the day everyone is working together to help meet the needs of the child and help them reach their full potential. A positive working relationship is where all team members are working together to achieve set targets.
Unread 10-31-2022, 08:23 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kaneez77 is on a distinguished road

Early childhood professionals are from diverse professional backgrounds. They
use multidisciplinary approaches to provide better support to families and draw
on the skills and expertise of their peers. Early childhood professionals:
• work collaboratively to share information and plan to ensure holistic
approaches to children’s learning and development
• understand each other’s practice, skills and expertise, and make referrals
when appropriate
• acknowledge the significance of transitions within and across early childhood
services and schools, and ensure that children understand the process and
have an active role in preparing for these transitions
• build on children’s prior learning and experiences to build continuity for their
learning and development from birth to eight years of age.