Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 03-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road
Default Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep!?

Okay...who read this in the paper yesterday???

Are we really expecting children to believe sheep are the colours of the rainbow???

Is this PC gone mad???

Your views please....:idea:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Patsy

Thats been going for years.its rediculous but you can get black ,white and brown and even grey sheep.
What about golliwogs and the story of little black samba .My charges used to love that.
The world is a crazy place.
In the news just now some childcare expert says we are damaging children under 3 at nursery school etc.With the fact that in most families both parents are forced to work what else are they giong to suggest.No doubt free hand outs yet again and the tax payer will pay.
It irks me enough to have my pension taxed with my salary as income. when it has already been taxed before.
Will the p.m. donate half of his pension to the cause.? idont think so.
Unread 03-08-2006, 04:54 PM

Mary had a little lamb. Its fleece was white as snow. Everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go.
:sorry:
shall, hereafter, be changed to read:

A young person of the female gender was the possessor of a small immature ruminant of the species genus Ovis, whose outermost covering reflected all wavelengths of visible light with a luminosity equal to that of a mass of naturally occurring microscopically crystalline water. Regardless of the translational path chosen by the aforesaid young person, there was a 100% probability that the aforementioned ruminant would select the same pathway.
:crazy:
Unread 03-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Coffee

when I first read the thread title I thought ... Wow yes! someones thought of a new twist to a old familiar rhyme .. excellent way to introduce colours........... *tuts and sighs* should of guessed!

PC way over the top imo..... as long as it wasn't the paper thats blown it all out of proportion .. wouldn't be the first time someones got the wrong end of the stick and made a Pre School look bad for no reason! :muted:

LOL @ Air... excellent alternative ... 'now lets all repeat..............'
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Patsy

Air,well done I like your new version.Not where you come from so am not surprised
Unread 03-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Patsy

Sorry it should read NOTE not NOT
Unread 03-08-2006, 11:01 PM

...got me worried there Patsy...wasnt sure what you were 'implying'.......:idea: and in answer to your unasked question... no I dont work in the Nursery in question...

heres another rhyme for us all to practise...

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pale of water. Jack fell down and broke his crown; and Jill soon came tumbling after.

shall, hereafter, be changed to read:

Two young persons of opposite genders, proceeded toward the apex of a natural geologic protuberance. The purpose of their expedition was to procure a sample of fluid hydride of oxygen in a large vessel, the exact size of which was omniously omitted from the record. As the male person precipitously descended, he consequently sustained severe damage to the upper cranial portion of his anatomy. A similar fate befell the female, who immediately after the male person, performed a self-rotational translation oriented in the same direction having been traversed by the young man.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Unread 03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Patsy

Do drop in for a free pint or two if your ever in this area. youve had us all in stitches. Well done.Are you sure you dont want to change your profession and write a book ,the alternative rhymes book or some more fitting title?lol
Unread 03-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Patsy

just read were the nursery in question is. thus I see why you thought what you did.sorry hadnt seen the article till just now.lol
Unread 03-09-2006, 06:06 PM

:whitewine :drunk: ...I'll hold you to that drink.....fancy another...???...rhyme that is.....:rotfl: :rotfl: