Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 11-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Lusher

Default NVQ3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools

Hi Everyone, thankyou once again for all your help with my NVQ2, I have received my certificate which makes it all complete, could not have done it without your help.

I am doing my NVQ3 and I am stuck on this if you could help me please.

"I need to identify how I encourage adults to have positive relationship with pupils".

I don;t really know what to put any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-29-2009, 01:42 PM
MICKLMASS

Hi this might give you some ideas:

301.3 Support Children in Developing Relationships
During a child’s development they need support from their carers and teachers in dealing with behavioural management. Staff/carers should be able to put into place strategies to reduce negative behaviour in the setting. They should try and identify underlying factors that may be the cause of the child’s behaviour such as low self esteem, learning difficulties or bullying. The possible cause should be identified and appropriate counter measures put into place, this should be agreed by staff/carers and the child. By reaching a mutual agreement the child can understand how to manage his/her behaviour appropriately. Some children have problems in understanding their emotions and feelings, therefore extra support should be available should a child need it. Helping children understand that other people have feelings, and how to respect their feelings, by offering support and advice when needed can go a long way in developing a child’s social and emotional development. Getting children to identify and express their feelings to related experiences. This could be achieved by encouraging the child to draw self portraits and action pictures, writing a story or using story circle in which a child can share or discuss their feelings in a meaningful way. When children are scared or upset, they need a restored feeling of safety and reassurance. The staff/carers can sit and listen to the child and discuss any issues or, answer any questions that the child may have. Staff/carers need to try and get the child to focus on something positive; this will help the child get over their traumatic time of being upset and unhappy. Doing this can help to put a more positive outlook in the child’s mind helping them get over the latest events. The key to helping children handle conflict is to help them identify and understand their emotions. A child also needs to be able to control how they express and act on their emotions as well as other people’s emotions. Educating children by carrying out role play conflicts, this can help give them ideas to how they might resolve a dispute. This type of support would be dependent on the age and ability of the child, offering different choices to how they could resolve the conflict. This will give the individual the freedom of choice to make their own decision. Young children need more help with resolving conflicts; you may need to encourage them to ask questions, this will guide them in the basic steps of problem solving. Give each child a chance to speak, ask questions that might encourage them to look at the situation and what options are available. After brainstorming possible alternatives, analyze the pros and cons of each solution together.
By discussing and reaching an agreement, select and carry out a plan, if the problem recurs, go back to problem solving. Both adults and children benefit from good relationship experiences and positive thinking. Many of the steps necessary for building a child's self-esteem will also help you in developing and maintaining your own. Developing a good relationship between the adult and child can help build trust as well as respect. This can promote a sense of wellbeing and making it a happy and a safer more productive environment.
Being a good role model can help children in the setting, notice the way in which you behave towards others, how you communicate and listen to the child/adults. This in turn can help develop a better working relationship. Everybody needs someone to confide in, if they are experiencing problems or need answers to questions. Valuing other people’s opinions and beliefs is a necessary part of building a good relationship; everyone is entitled to have their say. At the end of the day we are all equal, everyone is entitled to their own views/opinions this gives us our own individuality.