Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Charmed38 is on a distinguished road
Default Starting Level 3

Hey guys and gals

Just had some good news, i start my level 3 on wednesday. I am abit worried cos alot of people say it is harder, then doing the level 2. But i will ask for help on this site, if i need it as it helped me with my level 2

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-06-2010, 08:39 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

it is a lot harder and cache and the cwdc recommend you work for at east a year in between the two BUT if you have done that and if you are a key person then it will be ok, hard but ok.
Unread 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM

Hi Tutu

I have not worked a year inbetween but i only finished my lvel 2 in june, and I also dont know if i will be a key person yet.
Unread 09-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you'll need to find out what sort of support you can ask for from your setting.

Find out about the key/link system they have in place and look at working out how you can take on the role responsibilities - what being a key/link person involves, joinly or independently maybe, also ask how/when and why you'll need/be expected to perform the duties for it.

Meetings are also an area you can ask about. Level three will try to see how active you are in the organisational structure of the setting - level 3's will have more responsibility to answer questions and follow up on things for parents, children, colleagues and externally rather than the level two where you're perhaps more expected to pass on any feedback & information to a suitably qualified member.

Ask for a copy of all policies, procedures, welcome booklets & your setting's published prospectus to help familiarise yourself with everything that goes on.

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 09-07-2010, 02:51 PM
chelsey-lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed38 View Post
Hey guys and gals

Just had some good news, i start my level 3 on wednesday. I am abit worried cos alot of people say it is harder, then doing the level 2. But i will ask for help on this site, if i need it as it helped me with my level 2
Hi.

I started my NVQ level 3 bout 3 months after completing level 2, due to the fact I had funding thru my local college to do so and I was coming upto the age of where i wouldnt get it.. I completed level 3 in 15 months- would of done it sooner but had to deal with losing someone.

I found some of it quite easy as most of it I had done in level 2- I just had to go into more detail.

I think the hardest unit was 303 due to having to write about theories, but questions I couldnt get my head around people on here were happy to help!

Good luck with it all and your be fine!!
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:09 PM

thanks everyone had a really good first day, had a visit from the manager of the training company today as well. And she has already given me unit 301, but i dont even have a text book yet. but i guess i am still excited about doing it
Unread 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road
Default starting level 3

i am starting my level 3 at the end of the month can't wait but very scared at the same time
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Geo32 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinajpatterson View Post
i am starting my level 3 at the end of the month can't wait but very scared at the same time
Good luck with it all.

If you need any help come on here, it has helped me a lot.
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

mummy edwards is on a distinguished road
Default help in health and safety k3h246

I started my NVQ 3 in august and I am struggling as I have not done my 2, I volunteer at my daughters nursery 3 mornings a week but have only managed to do 2 mornings as my little girl has been ill with an ear infection and then chicken pox. I have only had 1 assignment done and marked, so my assessor is biting at my heals to get my 302 done before 6 oct.
I have a question
I need to find out some information on it but have searched but can not find anything.
National standards (referring to the children act 1989- health and safety policy) and that is the question it is all about health and safety which I have done all the others, health safety 1974, health and safety law, management of health and safety,
so if any one can help please thanks
Unread 09-24-2010, 12:25 PM

Geo32 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy edwards View Post
I started my NVQ 3 in august and I am struggling as I have not done my 2, I volunteer at my daughters nursery 3 mornings a week but have only managed to do 2 mornings as my little girl has been ill with an ear infection and then chicken pox. I have only had 1 assignment done and marked, so my assessor is biting at my heals to get my 302 done before 6 oct.
I have a question
I need to find out some information on it but have searched but can not find anything.
National standards (referring to the children act 1989- health and safety policy) and that is the question it is all about health and safety which I have done all the others, health safety 1974, health and safety law, management of health and safety,
so if any one can help please thanks

Hi, look in this book its fantastic!! i swear by it...... it has been my bible. i finish my level 3 in april it is a nightmare. Sorry to hear your daughter has not been well hope all is better soon.
Let us know how you get on. x