Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rhi is on a distinguished road
Default Does this make sense???

Hi there, just wondered if someone can read this through and let me know if they think it is enough to cover this question: Provide a framework to support inclusion and anti-discriminatory practice to meet individual needs?

In my setting I use the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. This is the curriculum to be used for all children from birth to five years old, regardless of their gender, culture, language or ability.
By observing, assessing and evaluating children individually, my planning is inclusive of everybody and can then be adapted to meet individual children's needs to ensure that no child is left out of an activity or experience.
Another way I support inclusive and anti-discriminatory practice is by ensuring all children and families are valued and their individual needs are met. My setting has a Valuing and Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion policy which I adhere to at all times. This states that "We are actively commited to valuing and celebrating the diversity and inclusion of culture, race, ethnicity, religion, ability, gender and family composition within our Centres and the wider community".
Some ways I put this into practice are by providing activities and resources that reflect the diversity and differences of all the children in our setting. This includes dual language books, ethnic clothing, positive images and attitudes towards disability and celebarations to mark cultural and religious festivals.
Thanks in advance xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhi View Post
Hi there, just wondered if someone can read this through and let me know if they think it is enough to cover this question: Provide a framework to support inclusion and anti-discriminatory practice to meet individual needs?

In my setting I use the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. This is the curriculum to be used for all children from birth to five years old, regardless of their gender, culture, language or ability.
By observing, assessing and evaluating children individually, my planning is inclusive of everybody and can then be adapted to meet individual children's needs to ensure that no child is left out of an activity or experience.
Another way I support inclusive and anti-discriminatory practice is by ensuring all children and families are valued and their individual needs are met. My setting has a Valuing and Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion policy which I adhere to at all times. This states that "We are actively commited to valuing and celebrating the diversity and inclusion of culture, race, ethnicity, religion, ability, gender and family composition within our Centres and the wider community".
Some ways I put this into practice are by providing activities and resources that reflect the diversity and differences of all the children in our setting. This includes dual language books, ethnic clothing, positive images and attitudes towards disability and celebarations to mark cultural and religious festivals.
Thanks in advance xxx
Well done for laying it all out.

It might help to add that your setting has policies and procedures that you all follow and that you have training/attend courses.

Your assessor might like to actually give an example of how you provide the activity; rather than say you celebrate say Chinese New Year, you could say we celebrate festivals/cultural etc and for Chinese New Year we provided snacks that are traditional chinese fare and danced a dragon dance. It's not compulsory, but it shows your assessor that you fully understand and do something by giving an example.

Assessors like to see how you are actively providing for and promoting in your setting, so as well as stating what is done, it helps if you give an example of how you do it. it builds a picture up of your knowledge and will be individual to your setting's delivery of the eyfs.

Just a little tweak if you want it.
Unread 08-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rhi is on a distinguished road

Thank you, have added on a short bit about our chinese new year celebrations earlier this year and feel better now, sometimes i think i don't say enough or say too much!!!