Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 04-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Megan-LL is on a distinguished road
REFLECTIVE ACCOUNTS! :@ ..need small help.

how reflection on own role in an incident of challenging behaviour can improve the promotion of positive behaviour.

and

Work with others to review the approaches to promoting positive behaviour using information from records, de-briefing and support activities.

i really don't know how to start these, i know its reflection on what i have done within my setting but if anyone could start me off with an example i would much appreciate it!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

spelky~brooks is on a distinguished road

Hope this helps a little ~ it may be a little long winded but it will give you a start & sometimes it can be just the smallest of things that can promote positive behaviour.

While working in reception class I was asked by the class teacher to support a child with behavioural difficulties, I am familiar with child ‘M’ as I have seen him in the playground and have often sat with him but I have never supported him in class with his work, am aware that he has speech and language problems and he becomes frustrated when he is told he needs to do his work, subsequently his work is poor and academically he is falling behind the other children in his class. Miss P asked me how I would like to work with ‘M’, I informed her that I thought it would be a good idea if we worked together in a one to one situation then that way ‘M’ would have no distractions and he could have my full attention rather than being nervous about other children in the class. I decided that I would work with him in the cookery room as it was quiet in there and there would be no interruptions. His work consisted writing a ‘Mothers Day’ card and all he was asked to do was write a few lines about his Mum. When we were seated I told ‘M’ that I was really looking forward to seeing his beautiful work and that I was also glad I was working with him, this made him feel a little confident and I could visibly see him start to relax, I told him that I would write the words down on the white board but he needed to help me with the sounds, I was very surprised at how confident ‘M’ seemed when he was not with other children and realised that it was because he had no other distractions and obviously felt comfortable with me. We worked on his card for 20 minutes and during that time ‘M’ told me the words he wanted to write about his Mum, I wrote down the words while he used his sounds and eventually produced a beautiful card. When we went back to class Miss P was very surprised at how well ‘M’ had done. I told her that I thought in my opinion that ‘M’ should have a sticker chart which would increase his confidence and therefore his work would improve, as I have done this many times with other children who I have supported I know the benefits that it can bring. Although Miss P is quite strict in her ways and has a set program for her class she was unsure about the idea so I told her that maybe she could try it for a week and if she was not happy about singling ‘M’ out for the chart then she could stop using it, she said she would try and would let me know how it worked.
Unread 05-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Shaunie is on a distinguished road

I really need help on reflective accounts please i havent even done one!!! xx