Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

jessica is on a distinguished road
General question Unit 033/034

Hi, I am currently working on Unit 033/034:Understand the Needs of Children and Young People who are Vulnerable and Experiencing Poverty and Disadvantage.

I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites that will help me on this unit. This unit isn't in the Children and Young People's Workforce Book.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-03-2012, 09:12 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

CPAG and save the children, barnardos and the joseph rowntree fund, the book is just a textbook not the answers you need ion any unit, its like magazine death you need to do lots more reading.
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:40 PM

Thanks tutu- I will check these sites. I am fully aware that the book won't give me the answers but it would have pointed me in the right direction. That is why I asked if anyone know's any good sites so I can do MORE research and reading.
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:52 PM

Hi, could somebody pelase give me a few pointers on this question: How does poverty and disadvantage affect children's and young people's communication development? This question is for the optional unit 033 Outcome 2. I have searched all over the internet for about 3 hours but haven't found a lot of information. I would be very grateful if anyone could help.
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi jessica - if you think about the modern world and how we now communicate - everything is technology based - mobile phones, computers, email, tablets etc. - poorer families may not have access to these kinds of resources. Also - communication development is also dependent on life experiences - if you live in a poorer area - where the libraries have been closed down, where you family can't afford to provide books, if the adults in your household have a lower standard of education then communication skills will be less developed.
Hope these ideas help get you started.
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:47 PM

Thank you soo much mrsnoah, you have given me great pointers that I can elaborate on. Thanks again :) x
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Hi, I just wanted an opinion on these two questions below, are both of the questions the same? To me they seem to be asking the same thing.

Explain the importance of early intervention for disadvantaged and/or vulnerable children and young people

Evaluate the impact of early intervention.

Last edited by jessica : 04-05-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi Jessica in the first question you have to explain why early intervention is important - so you are focusing on the advantages. In the second one you have to look at both advantages and disadvantages - how does it work and equally how, where and when doesn't it work.For this one you should try and include some examples if you can
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:06 PM

Thanks again for your help mrsnoah, you have been really helpful and I now understand what I have to do :) x