Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

janice is on a distinguished road
Default Administrator

Oh dear .... where do I start here?????

I've gone and resigned - after months of talking about it I've done it and will leave at Easter.

The Centre Manager has made life really difficult for me and the Pre-school and my request for some office space went down like a ton of bricks - well she did offer me the back entrance to the stage (wet/cold/dark/no electricity/no heating/bare brick walls/damp floor and about 6' x 4' (if that)- it only has 3 walls as the space where the 4th wall should be is actually an open area to the basement 6' below which is flooded).

Well that says what she thinks of me and the Pre-school really. Last week I was really upset but this week I am cross as I am disappointed that they could not come up with something else (which they do have).

Anyway, we have a Pre-school committee meeting on Thursday which is going to be great fun - not - and then on Friday all the parents will be told.
I was beginning to accept that I would be going and then today I have had a phone call from the Secretary of the Pre-school Committee who has suggested that maybe we could employ an Administrator. I have got an idea of what they could do but I don't think this actually solves the problem of not having any office space as the things I would like an Administrator to do would involve dealing with confidential info. so should stay on site. If we didn't have an office space then I don't know where we could find this person a quiet area to work in - the entrance to the stage is no good as it hasn't even got any electricity.

Does anyone have an Administrator, if so how do they find it works, and does the person work at the Pre-school or work from home??

I was also going to post about the hand washing sink units that I posted about before - we've got them now and they are superb! That's what set me off crying last week - the thought of leaving 'my' sinks behind!

Any comments to prepare me for the meeting on Thursday would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya.. lol @ the sinks and hugs for everything else.

When we had an Administrator she was great & worked from both home and preschool depending on what needed doing. It certainly worked well for us.

What sort of things were you looking to include in a contract ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

janice is on a distinguished road

Well I've had a look round the internet and found these sort of things .... ready ???????

Fees
Enquiries
Funding
Parent newsletters - only printing off as I'll write them
budgets
staff wages and PAYE - although I have found a company that will do it for £20 per month
Book-Keeping
Petty cash/invoices etc/paying bills
Waiting lists
Booking staff training
Updating website and prospectus

At the moment we pay 2 hours per week to a member of staff to deal with the money side of things but that isn't really working anymore as her computer is broken so I'm doing things like parent invoices etc. We also pay our Treasurer about £35 to pop to the bank to pay in monies/to do the wages (but he never manages to get as far as writing a pay slip) and he pays himself an extra weeks wages when he has to work out pay increases. I've thought that with the money we save from those 2 then we could employ someone else to do all the above and it wouldn't cost too much more than we're already paying out.

I was thinking about 10 hours per week - do you think that's realistic for the above or would they need more or less? Wages would only need to be done once a month but we could swap over to this other company. Actually I think it's going to be less but what do others think????

My head is with it all!
Unread 03-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Janice did you advertise for an Admin in the end ?
the cost of ad blockers