Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 06-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mjw76 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Cyp 3.1 Please Help!!!

I have had to fill in a development chart for Physical Dev, Comm & Lang, PSED & Behavioural, COgnitive & intellectual and moral development.

Ok got the chart filled out fine but am struggling with linking them to EYFS and also providing activities to promote development.

These are the age ranges:

Birth to one

1-3

3-5

5-7

7-12

12-16

Ages 5 upwards I still have to provide activity suggestions for each group in each developmental area.

Any help or pointers would be gratefully received, been stuck on this for ages and need to get last week's assignments done before Thurs as yet!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-18-2013, 03:00 PM

wendy<3 is on a distinguished road

Hi mjw76, I have done this unit and had it verified. It seems i approached it differently compared to what you are doing. Comparing it to the ages and development i had to pick out one development area, mine was communication and language. I then drew up a time line and plotted at intervals the age brackets (birth-1month, so on to 19 years) and along side these age brackets i put text boxes giving a brief explanation of what communication and language they were expected to be experiencing referring to the EYFS at that age.
I had to write about the sequence and rate of development and the different aspects of learning in a short paragraphs. All this covered learning outcome 1.
Hope this helps :)
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

raisinroisin is on a distinguished road

Hi I need help am stuck on an optional unit 078 promoting children's physical activity and movement skills. outcome 5, its asking me to record and identify areas for improvement and I cant think of any that would link in with evaluating the effectiveness of planned provision.

be much appreciated if someone could give me some ideas

x
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:36 PM

mjw76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy<3 View Post
Hi mjw76, I have done this unit and had it verified. It seems i approached it differently compared to what you are doing.
By the looks of things on here everybody is doing it differently lol!!

Thanks for your advice
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:49 PM

Hi, I don't know this unit but by what you have put, record and identify is that how you have identified (seen or been told) and recorded (any targets met?) that the activity could of gone better, if things had been planned better or differently??? what could you do to make it better and have the desired effect on the children you work with, what improvements would you consider regarding the planned provision? i would of thought the whole activity once evaluated would prompt you for improvements, think of individual children and what they would like/was expecting to do/what you as a practitioner were hoping to gain from the session??
like i said this is just how i have read your question, i do get tangled up in my own thoughts sometimes LOL so it could be completely wrong !!
sorry if i have confused you more.......
Wendy
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

raisinroisin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy<3 View Post
Hi, I don't know this unit but by what you have put, record and identify is that how you have identified (seen or been told) and recorded (any targets met?) that the activity could of gone better, if things had been planned better or differently??? what could you do to make it better and have the desired effect on the children you work with, what improvements would you consider regarding the planned provision? i would of thought the whole activity once evaluated would prompt you for improvements, think of individual children and what they would like/was expecting to do/what you as a practitioner were hoping to gain from the session??
like i said this is just how i have read your question, i do get tangled up in my own thoughts sometimes LOL so it could be completely wrong !!
sorry if i have confused you more.......
Wendy
hi Wendy

sorry I don't think I explained it properly it to do with planned provision overall e.g. things that can be improved within the setting I think that what its aimed at not just with a particular session it ok though I was able to come up with a few on my own
but if you could think of anymore in general would be a great help as my brain gone dead now LOL

x:
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:32 PM

Hi Raisinroisin...would it be considering enough resources, correct equipment, staff training needs, routines, SALT involvement, OT involvement etc.. with regards to practitioners supporting diversity, inclusion and participation in a early years setting????
Sorry i am not any more help
wendy