Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-09-2008, 06:13 PM
caron

observing the children in our after school club ?

i can anyone tell me should we be observing the children in our after school club and if so what format we should be using ie written visual etc i know that we need to be using the eyfs on the younger childrenwho attend but it is difficult as some children only attend some sessions once a week be great ful for your help as i have only stepped in as deputy due to people leaving and understand the importance of observing in a creche setting

Last edited by caron : 10-09-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: words not right

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

DizzyDora is on a distinguished road

I spoke to our development officer about this today, she said we should be very low key. The children are getting the full EYFS within school so all we need to do is compliment it.
We currently have 1 sheet with a small box for each child which we write in as and when we see things. this then helps our following weeks planning.
We are trying to link this to each of the learning areas.

I have colour coded our planning with a different colour for each learning area so at a glance we can see that the toys we have out cover all the areas.
Unread 10-11-2008, 04:14 PM
caron

thanks for your reply, glad we should be low key like you say the children are getting the full eyfs in school, that as really brightened up my day and i will try to construct a easy to follow sheet for each child once again thank you

Last edited by caron : 10-11-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: neede to put a smile in
Unread 10-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

m1sspr0ject is on a distinguished road

i used to work in an after school club. we had a set weekly menu but were flexible as to which meals we had each day for tea. We had sheets which the children filled in for the week. It stated which outdoor games we played each day, what meals we had each day and which video we watched for a short period whilst tea was being prepared. this gave the children more of a sence of it being their out of school club. Each child got the chance to basically run a whole week at the club. Also as i was activity planner, every so often i would encourage the children to write down activity ideas and things they would enjoy making or doing. As far as observing the children, the only observations you really need to make is to check that they are happy there. I am sure your doing a great job keep up the good work.