Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road

As for the only allowed to do a nvq level 3 if you are a supervior, I am not a supervisor or any higher level, I am just a standard worker and still got told to do the level 3 straight away without doing level 2.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

ujala is on a distinguished road

Thanks Kitty katty. This is what I was trying to find out since last month.The college where I am going to start don't have nvq2 available this year.They are doing cpp , dpp and nvq3 so i wanted to know that should i try to convince them to put me in nvq3 or I don't stand a chance. Thanks again.
Unread 06-11-2009, 07:26 PM

jackie1307 is on a distinguished road

i didnt have any qualifications in childcare which are started in Sept 09 and started my nvq level 3 in November so i dont see why you should have to do level 2 first good luck
Unread 06-11-2009, 09:04 PM

I hope I can start from level 3.I am feeling so much better after joining this forum as my supervisor was not being helpful at all for some reason and I was so confused.So many things have been clear in just one day.Bundle of thanks!
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road

Your welcome, I must admit I do my course through work and have an assessor come out to me instead of me going to college. I think if you feel like you are able to do the level 3 then go for it, I must admit the level 3 isn't easy but so far I haven't found it too hard either. I left school early due to illness and have never been to college so if I can do a level 3 I think anyone can lol
Unread 06-12-2009, 12:15 AM

I have already started to get the background knowledge of level 3 . I work in a creche so my supervisor said it might not be an ideal place to do nvq as i won't be able to do obs. as good as i can in a nursery or pre-school.She is dpp herself so always tries to convince me that cpp would be a better option for me but I have a daughter who is 2 and I feel that nvq suits me more.
Unread 06-12-2009, 04:47 PM

mayzo1111 is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy nvq 2 or 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujala View Post
Someone from surestart said they might pay 75% of the total course cost.and there is 'train to gain' scheme as well.My employer has asked me to get the info. I am not sure how to apply.I think while giving an interview to the tutor i will ask him unless it gives bad impression. I don't know how that interview will be like.ooooh god help!

i have been doing the nvq3 since december and have nearly finished all units.just waiting for my assessor to visit a few more times.i did not study my nvq 2 first. i had a meeting with the headmaster at the school who i work for and he directed me to go for the level three.He said there there are many people who have the level 2 looking for work and all competing for the same jobs,but having the level 3 is very rare in our school and i would fall into a job very quickly.
my course was funded by the local collage.from "train to gain"costing about £600.00.also every year we get a grant for £100 for books,courses ect.
i go to college once a week and am in the school every day.some units are worded strange but the "childrens care learning and development book level 3 by penny tassoni has all answers.....good luck.
Unread 06-12-2009, 08:32 PM

So is it a good idea to take my employers recommendation letter with me while going for an interview with the tutor or should I just tell them my experience in childcare myself ?
Unread 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM

S4d4f is on a distinguished road

my course was fully funded...thankfully!!! i had to pay for my level 2 but for level 3, not a single penny!!!!
Unread 06-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jelly belly is on a distinguished road

try the traing center ymca just look it up u do one day a week in college and 4 days in work they are really good past my level 2 in 7 months and been doin my level 3 now for 10 months but thats because i had to work only got questions left now and nearly done xx