Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

cwaring is on a distinguished road
General question

hi there stonat

im still struggling.only getting borderline passes but getting some good comments.teacher not very helpful wheni ask for advice etc.could you possibly briefly run through unit 3 health and safety eg tell me what evidence you supplied for the tasks just to give,me an idea????

regards

cheryl

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM

hi there stonenat! thanks for your reply! im still struggling with unit 3 health and safety. Its hard to know what evidence to use and where. i dont suppose you are able to just summarise to me what kind of evidence you used for the tasks in unit 3 assignment so i can get an idea of what i should be doing as i dont feel that course material or tutor for that matter are very helpful at all! I keep getting borderline passes because i am not setting the work out properly or giving the right evidence yet i get really really good comments about each task i do!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

stonenat is on a distinguished road

Think my units are slightly different from your's however if you give me the questions will tell you what evidence i supplied.
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:56 AM

hi there stonenat! that would be much appreciated as i am not sure where i am going wrong really! Here is a list of the tasks for my health and safety unit:

1)Describe the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments and services
2)Explain how health and safety is monitored and maintained and how people in the work setting are made aware of risks and hazards and encouraged to work safely
3) Identify sources of current guidance for planning healthy and safe environments and services
4)Explain how current health and safety legislation, policies and procedures are implemented in own work setting or service
5)Demonstrate how to identify potential hazards to the health, safety and security of children or young people, families and other visitors and colleagues
6)Demonstrate ability to deal with hazards in the work setting and in off site visits
7)Undertake a health and safety risk assessment in own work setting or service illustrating how its implementation will reduce risk
8)Explain how health and safety risk assessments are monitored and reviewed
9)Explain why it is important to take a balanced approach to risk management
10Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and young people and health and safety requirements
11)Give example from own practice of asuuporting children or young people to assess and manage risk
12)Explain the policies and procedures of the setting or service in response to accidents
13)Describe the correct procedures for recording and reporting accidents

is it just me or are a lot of the questions repeating themselves e.g. tasks 5,6,7 are all risk -assessment based and hard to know what different evidence to use for each!?!?!?!?!
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

andwolf1 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS hi just read your thread and wondered if you could help me !!!!

I have just started a home study course and i am tring to find help with the observations i came across your link but cannot find any replies !! Have you managed to complete any observations/witness statements yet , my teacher has told me to fill the forms in and she will check & sign but i too have no idea where to start.
sorry to be a pain but i am well and truly lost !!!
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:49 PM

Doodle Smith is on a distinguished road
Help SOS doodle Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonenat View Post
hi Cwaring, how are you getting on now. I am on Assignment 4 and slowly getting my head round things. Have done assignment 1,2,3 and have had them all signed off with glowing remarks so if you need any help just give me a shout.
Hi there. I've just discovered this site. its amazing. I am guessing you have finished your course by now.I am doing supporting teaching and learning 3. I am now embarking on assignment 5:Supporting learning activities. I am really struggling to get my head round evidence i can use and get signed in school. i am doing this as a distance learning course so don't have an assessor come to watch me. i need to decide what activities/lessons to use. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:16 PM

im trying tfinish unit 3 health and safety but struggling to sort what evidence is,needed for what tasks mysrlf so im probably not much help lol! if anyone has any advice id accept any help!!!!
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:04 AM

Kat67 is on a distinguished road

Ah, I'm so glad I've read this thread. It's exactly how I'm feeling. So lost, and feel as though I have no-one to turn to for help. Luckily my school are very supportive, and there's an NVQ assessor there that has offered support, but I don't like to ask because I know that they are all so busy. I'm really struggling to think of evidence and like a couple of you have said on here, already feel as though I'm falling behind. I had hoped to get my first assignment in at the end of Feb, second at the end of March, instead I'm still struggling on the first one. And because I am struggling, I will find any reason not to pick my books up and get on with it. (Even done ironing, that's how bad it is!) It's so good to know that I'm not alone. I'm also finding that some of the tasks in the assignments seem repetitive. My first assignment is the Child and Young Person Development one and task 7 seems to be almost repeating task 1 to 4. I'm beginning to regret doing distance learning now because I think having other students to 'bounce' ideas around with and generally chat about the assignments help to get you focussed on what is required. Hopefully we can all help each other in this way? Good luck to us all! Oh, is anyone else using the Distance Learning Centre/Study House course?
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:11 AM

hi there!! yes...i am exactly the same as you! im.so far behind its,untrue.and yes...im finding that so many of the tasks are too similar to others in same assignment.supports not that good.im on unit 3 + despite A LOT of hard work ive had two bordeline passes whic I was gutted with.am now on unit 3 health and safety+sony of question are similar...its just crazy! I have a degree yet this is more confusing than anything ive done before!!
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:19 AM

Kat67 is on a distinguished road

Yes, I thought I'd easily manage the level 3 course because I did a degree course and am a 'mature' student! I do wonder whether I should have done level 2 first. But I suppose once I can get my head around it all it might get easier. I did buy the latest Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools book by Louise Burnham and Brenda Baker and that does at least give ideas for evidence to use so that's helping me a little now. But whilst I understand the material in the book, trying to answer the tasks is a whole different story LOL! I've completely skipped the section on the different theories of learning because I'm so confused with it. I even bought a book to help with that bit too. I'm planning to get the rest of the tasks completed, then make some notes on how I think I need to answer that and then make an appointment with someone in school to talk through it. I think I'll also then go through my other book and each task and jot down how I believe I should supply evidence and see what the lady at school thinks. I know I should have access to a 'tutor' through the distance college, but even the notes about that I find confusing and it doesn't make them seem accessible :/