Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Tracie CYPW2+3 is on a distinguished road
Default Is anyone else doing the new Level 2 Certificate (CYPW)

My first post...
I'm on my way to completing Level 2 in order that I can start 3 around April... I have just the Development elements to complete now, but with my children being ill over the last few weeks (scarlet fever now grrrr!) I've found I've come to a mental block and just cant get going again.

There I was thinking Development was going to be the easy bit!

Oh well, groan over, looks like a great forum so I think you'll be seeing a lot of me

Tracie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirsty is on a distinguished road

Hi
Im doing CYPW Level 3 & have made a development chart. Would you like me to send you a copy (if i can work out how) so you can adapt it.
Its hard work having kids and doing these courses at best of times, never mind when they are ill!!
Kirsty
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:54 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

dont you think you should have a break to embed what you have learnt rather than rushing through? learning takes time as you have experienced as recalling and knowing off by heart the CD stages is very basic and paramount knowledge without it truly in your long term memory to recall at will it seems to indicate you need to take more time. No employer is interested in people who rush their training, we want people who reflect on it take their time embed it and move on.
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Tracie CYPW2+3 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the offer of the development chart, that was really kind of you ... I think I'll be fine once I find the time to sit and focus again :reading: lol

Tutu, thanks for the response, I totally agree that students should take their time to absorb and experience their studies.
Its not that I cant remember the development stages or that I'm struggling with the course - simply that I'm finding it hard to focus and spend time on my written studies at the moment with my children having constantly been ill since xmas.
I'm 39, have 2 children and have worked within a childcare setting for the last year part-time. The old NVQ would have allowed me to jump straight to level 3, however the new qualification stated that I must complete 2 in order to do 3... hence yes, I will be going straight into Level 3.
Unread 02-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to the site.

Best wishes with your studies, look forward to hearing how it all goes for you xx
the cost of ad blockers