Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 10-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Adamdrang is on a distinguished road
Default QCF 3 (level3) in residential child care

Hello
has anyone finished this course (from the title) and done e.g
Unit – RCD13 Support the development of socially aware behaviour with children and young people in residential childcare
or RCD05 Support risk management in residential childcare
or Unit – RCD09 Support the well-being and resilience of children and young people in residential childcare.

Has anyone done the same?
Adam

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

voodoo8711 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have been qualified over a year now and currently run workshops to help people doing this course. How can I help?

Anne
Unread 10-18-2017, 09:56 PM

Hi, thanks for reply.
My problem is - I am late with this and really don't have time for that. Sorry I'll be honest - I'm so desperate I consider even paying for that.
So, can you help me with this?
Unread 10-18-2017, 10:08 PM

I am more than happy to help you, what bit are you stuck on?
Unread 10-24-2017, 07:50 PM

Hello,
so do you know this unit?
RCD13 Support the development of socially aware behaviour with children and young people in residential childcare
adam
Unread 10-29-2017, 12:30 AM

Yes I do know it very well but you need to be more specific as to what exactly you are stuck on so I can help, which question is it you are struggling with?
Unread 10-29-2017, 09:15 PM

Default Level 3

Hello Voodoo

I struggle with all the questions and every unit
(if you know what I mean)
Unread 10-29-2017, 10:00 PM

Ok fair enough, which one are you working on now then and we can start with that one?
Unread 10-31-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo8711 View Post
Ok fair enough, which one are you working on now then and we can start with that one?

Yes of course-
Unit 8 - Support attachment and positive relationships for children and young people in residential childcare

and questions are:
- Summarise theories of attachment
- Explain why positive attachments are important for children and young people
- Analyse the short and long term impacts on the
well-being of children and young people if they are not able to form positive attachments
-Analyse factors in the life of a child or young person which can present barriers to forming positive attachments
-Explain the role of parents and care-givers in supporting children and young people to form positive attachments
- Explain the connection between positive attachments and positive relationships
-Explain how attachment impacts on own role
- Describe strategies for supporting children and young people to form positive attachments
-Describe features of positive relationships for children and young people, and approaches for building relationships where a child or young person is
affected by emotional or behavioural difficulties.
-Analyse factors in the life of a child or young person which can present challenges when building positive relationships
-Describe ways to support children and young people to develop positive relationships with their peers.
-Describe how children or young people have been supported by own practice to develop positive attachments and relationships. And
Evaluate your own approaches for supporting positive attachments and relationships for children or young people

thank you
Unread 10-31-2017, 05:42 PM

Ok then.

For the first one research the behavioural theory of attachement by Bowlby and explain what the theory is and how it works and then do the same for the evolutionary theory of attachment by Bowlby, Lorenz and Harlow and explain again what this theory it is and how it can relate to your work.

- this question is straight forward and you simply have to explain why positive attachments are important, do they imporve a childs self-esteem & confidence, does it help to teach them how form positive realtionships and the differenct between a positive attachement and a negative one? Try an explain how you have formed a positive attachment with a child you work with and yhe positive impact this has had on the child.

-what issues could the child face is they are not able to form positive attachments, will they be lonely? Will their needs as young children and babies be met if not how could this affect them growing up? Could the child develop behavioural issues in social situations if they do not know how to form good attachments?

-things that could present barriers; abuse, learning disabilities, living in poverty, not being able to speak the same language as others.

This is to start you off as a guide, you will need to expand and explain more than I have here and try to give examples from your workplace making sure you maintain confidentiality as much as possible.

Hope this helps xx