Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

PeePe is on a distinguished road
Soapbox

Same here, I work with 8-10 yr old SEN children, and I haven't been given a choice either. I have been told to do 207 and if i do level 3 I can choose SEN optional on that one cuz I'll have to do more than 1 optionals. I spend most of my placement time working with SEN classes or supporting laps in classroom work. The reason I was given was.... I would need extra assessments doing SEN child obs and 207 is easier... although I think it may be easier for the assessors and tutors, not me. 207 is only a few Q's although the whole writing about legislation thing again is mind numbing. I would have much rather have done SEN unit but too late now I'm half way thru 207. Also my Q's have been typed out by assessor and includes cross ref points for 207. Is annoying!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

shifa is on a distinguished road

my tutor gave out 207 for me and the people in my class to do thinking that this would be easy for us. i wanted a challenge and said that i would rather do 209 becuse that is what i would want to focus on later on. use the text books to help gather some background info. then you really do need to work in a setting where you can work and support children with a disability or SEN, if this is not possible in the class your with at the moment find one where it is possible or try a different setting. if that setting dont allow you to work there at least talk to the special educatiopnal neeeds co-ordinator to get some help and info.
Unread 04-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

shifa is on a distinguished road

peepe... it dont matter if your half way 207. when one of the student heard me talk about wanting a challeng she felt left out and decided to do 209 even though she completed 207