Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 07-11-2008, 03:33 PM
NatNat

Boundaries and Rules 0-16 years?! - child development project

Im looking for info on appropriate Boundaries and rules for my child development project, rangeing from 0 - 16 years. Does anyone know where i could find this info?? As it isnt in my CCLD NVQ2 HandBook.

look forward to hearing from somebody!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-12-2008, 04:51 PM
nuttynik

Hi, not sure if this will help you, I've been trawling the internet cos I know I've seen what you're looking for somewhere! www.focusas.com/parenting.html it's got boundaries with teens, let me know if it helps or I'll try and look some more for you. Good luck!
Unread 07-12-2008, 04:55 PM
nuttynik

Hi again, found this too http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/.../manners.shtml
if that page doesn't help, go to the home page, there are lots of options to look through! fun filled evening for you then!
Unread 07-12-2008, 04:57 PM
nuttynik

dont know what happened there, it should say
http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/.../manners.shtml
Unread 07-12-2008, 04:58 PM
nuttynik

it's still not right, put parenting between .com/ and /manners.shtml
Unread 07-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to Silkysteps , this is quite a tough one as generally speaking views on boundaries can be enormous - what one person agrees with another can challenge !

A good place to start, is to look at the sort of rules and boundaries that you personally might already know - possibly include times: to wake up, go to bed, behaviour, politeness how you act and feel in different places with different people and how rules and boundaries impact on what you do and don't do in those places & situations.

Use your search engine to look for Age appropriate rules and Parenting styles

For the youngest children we can look to keep them safe so rules and boundaries may be applied to supervising the area - risk assessment, checking for dangers.

For older children who are beginning to explore their boundaries the same risk and monitoring of the play environment and equipment might continue but the Children's own choices and decisions are expanding so levels of adult/other child expectations, knowledge and own experiences are used to help guide any new or exisitng rules / boundaries.

Rules and boundaries I would imagine all begin by the saying of no ..

No don't put hand prints on the tv screen, no don't put the toilet paper down the loo, no don't cut the mail up .. lol

This is a long winded example sorry ..: Babies may need cushions around / beneath them to prevent them from bumping their heads if they fall or move - a place has been set up to provide this and there is an understanding that everyone accepts as to why the cushions are there - until .. someone removes one - and does so repeatedly even after being requested not to. Others then begin to remove the cushions as well .. when forced to make an action that protects someone .. in this situation the baby if they're on the cushions or it might be the cushions themselves - arranging new replacements or the leader/Staff member as they have to find, fetch & return them day in day out - Do you make it a rule not to remove the cushions at all - and is this a rule that needs an enforcement element ie: a punishment to enforce the power of the rule, or do you intervene/interrupt so that the cushions are prevented from being taken, move the cushioned area somewhere else, tell them/everyone off, explain, give reason & monitor or do something else ..

Much older children have rules and boundaries of 'society these could include swearing - language. Inapproprite conduct towards other people, students, members of staff. Aggressive behaviour, intimidation. If possible search for What is bullying. Other areas that will involve boundaries & rules could be Courtesy, politeness, ettiquette and peoples individual / group expectations & concepts of these.

ASBO - A Guide to Anti-Social Behaviour Orders and Acceptable Behaviour ASBO from the home office these can be applied for against anyone currently over the age of 10: Source YJB Youth Justice System

Preschool Rules may be similar to Secondary school as would boundaries but additional compliance aspects such as uniform, homework , attendance/responsibilities of timetables & deadlines, Jewellery, footwear, makeup...

Hth .. let us know how you get on
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttynik View Post
dont know what happened there, it should say
www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/parenting/manners.shtml
Oh sorry, don't worry its not you its the forum software. To save mega long website addresses being posted it automatically shortens them extra long ones used to stretch a forum/website's design (not just here) and make the page scroll sideways instead of up & down, so the developers fixed a max length rule !!

Although saying that, let me know if a link doesn't open up the correct page once it's been posted

xx
the cost of ad blockers