Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 04-29-2018, 03:52 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

dee11 is on a distinguished road
Default 4 year old sen activities

Can anyone help me please? I have been given 2 children who have special needs, they have difficulty with fine/gross motor skills, sensory, concentration problems and various other problems. I need some ideas of activities that I could do with these children . So I would be grateful if anyone has ideas

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-30-2018, 12:43 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, your children's parents will be a great source of information for this. Find out what activities everyone enjoys at home and importantly what sensory concerns and recommendations exist eg. audio/noise, textures, tastes, smells, light/dark and sight ie if particular objects or animals are liked/disliked.

Concentration and focus depends on a child's level of interest and the motivation to engage.

Can you use the children's interests to encourage them to practice fine motor skills such as using scissors, pencils and paintbrushes, wind-up toys, blowing bubbles through handheld wands, using a keyboard/button pressing, interlocking bricks, jigsaw puzzles, opening eggs to hide items inside. Finger gym, frog tiddly winks, threading?

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-30-2018, 08:57 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

MrsC81 is on a distinguished road

My 1:1 loves the Play dough disco so we've made our own version ( so its not computer centred) its covers quite a few areas you mentioned, he does tend to mouth the dough at times though.
We weave ribbons in and out of the fences too. He likes to mark make in shaving foam and sand, we also use white boards alot as he enjoys wiping it all off again.
My 1:1 has a max attention of 3 mins, which does make planning a tricky task.
He's 4 by the way if that helps.
Unread 05-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

dee11 is on a distinguished road

Thank you this has helped me loads .