Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 02-18-2021, 03:26 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

level3I'mcoming is on a distinguished road
SOS Eye 3.10 what activities support childrens speech language and communication?

This is copied straight from my workbook for my Level 3.
I have read and re-read researched this but I am completely stuck.
My assessor only works one day a week so I would be very grateful for any and all help!

Planning an enabling environment for young children that stimulates holistic development in partnership with parent/carers promotes learning and development and is an important part of the role of the early years practitioner.
Suggest three activities, opportunities or experiences for young children in the following age ranges, one for each age range (three (3) in total):

• 0-1 year 11 months
• 2-2 years 11 months
• 3-5 years
For each activity:
• Describe the benefits to children’s holistic learning and development.
• When planning for speech, language and communication analyse how the use of technology supports the development of speech, language and communication.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a warm welcome to the site.

Unit 3.10 Promote children's speech, language and communication

Planning an enabling environment for young children that stimulates holistic development in partnership with parent/carers promotes learning and development. It is an important part of the role of the early years practitioner. Suggest three activities, opportunities or experiences for young children in the following age ranges, one for each age range (three (3) in total):

0-1 year 11 months
Peek a Boo: (quote from page 305) From around seven months, babies start to like playing peek a boo. When a adult hides their face behind a scarf and then appears, is a source of great enjoyment for babies and it encourages communication. Once babies understand the game, they start first to be more active in pulling the scarf away and then use it to hide themselves. Toddlers like playing peek a boo by pulling a piece of fabric or a scarf over themselves and will want you to 'find' them.

2-2 years 11 months
Book corner: Early Years settings plan these so that children's interest in looking at, picking up, handling books helps with their hand-eye coordination and dexterity. Children can sit or stand in a book corner, be alone or interact socially with peers becoming familiar with the pages of images and text.

Quote from page 306: Two year olds enjoy sharing books with adults. They particularly like simple books that have a repetitive or rhyming narrative. They enjoy studying the pictures. Books help children to hear grammatically correct sentences and new vocabulaary, as well as giving two year olds opportunities to talk.

3-5 yrs
Role play: Does your setting have an area of the room inside or outside where children can dress up and use a range of different props? Supporting this type of play enables them to use words, dialogues and actions that are associated with the sort of situation which the role play is based.

There's much more helpful reading on page 308+ of the level 3 handbook where it has tables linking these age ranges to specific areas and activities that practitioners can plan. If you search inside the book preview yfor the term 'implementing activities for children aged 2' click to go to page 305.

You might see similarities from above with what happens in your setting and be able to include working practice?

All the best

the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-22-2021, 03:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

level3I'mcoming is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much, this has helped massively.