Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 11-19-2015, 11:16 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

HLDoodles is on a distinguished road
Help SOS I could cry!

I started minding Sept 14 at the time I was still working for the police in my old role of 15 years. I reduced my working hours in original role and did both for 6 months to be sure it was right for me before I jumped completely. My Mum is disabled and is in next village, am married and got 2 children myself. Whoa stop with the hard luck story I know. I signed up for the CYPW a couple of days before it changed to the EYE,,,,,I havent got my maths o level. I then put my head int he sand frightened of doing it I think - that combined with the above. During my time with Pacey I have seen 2 assessors leave (don't think it was because of me...lol) I have had my 3rd one come and visit me - it went well. I had children with me on that day. she said the next time would be without children and we could go through more things. She was due to come on Monday...she sent me this (She wanted me to send a plan of what I was going to do for it before she came)

CU1530
LO2.2 What factors do you need to consider when promoting effective communication
LO3.2 What are the barriers to effective communication?
LO3.3 Show me how you would overcome these barriers
LO3.4 Show me how you would clarify misunderstandings
LO4.3 Describe the potential tensions between maintaining an individual confidentiality and disclosing concerns

CU1531
LO2.3 Tell me how your own values, belief systems and experiences may affect working practice
LO3.1 Show me how you evaluate your own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards
LO3.2 Show me how you use feedback to evaluate your own performance
LO4.1 What sources of support are available for planning and reviewing own performance?
LO4.2 Show me how you work with others to review and prioritise your own learning needs, professional interests and development opportunities
LO4.3 Show me you work with others to agree your own professional development plan
LO5.1 Show me how you evaluate how your learning has affected your practice
LO5.2 Show me how reflection has led to improved ways of working (SEF)
LO5.3 Show me how you record progress in relation to personal development

CU1520
LO1.4 Develop a plan to meet the development needs of a child in you setting
LO2.1 Show me how you put this plan into action (holistic and interconnectedness)
LO2.5 How do children in your setting participate in decisions affecting their lives
LO6.2 Show me how you structure opportunities for children to explore the effects of transitions on their lives

CU1522
LO1.3 Who me how you evaluate your own effectiveness in building relationships with children

CU1523
LO2.1 Tell me how you would communicate in a variety of circumstances
LO2.3 Show me reports (SEF?) to meet legal requirements
LO3.1 Show me how you have developed and implemented processes and procedures for recording, storing and sharing information
LO3.3 Read this from the standards

CU1533
LO2.2 Show me how you mentor how children use the setting and evaluate how effectively it has been in extending learning and development and encouraging high expectations of their achievements

CU1534
LO2.1 Show me difference sources you use to plan work for the children
LO2.3 Show me how this supports the planning cycle
LO5.1 Show me how you reflect in supporting learning and development of children
LO5.2 Show me how you reflect to make changes in own practice.

CU1535
LO2.3 Show me how you evaluate the environment in and out and how equipment and materials are checked and used to ensure safety
LO4.2 Show me how you evaluate measures taken to prevent cross contamination
LO6.1 Show me how you support personal care routines, showing respect for children and using opportunities to encourage learning and development

CU1536
LO4.2 Show me a reflective analysis of your own practice
LO4.3 Show me strategies you have developed to deal with areas of difficulty and challenge encountered in professional practice in early years settings

CU1537
LO3.4 Show me how you have evaluated the effectiveness of speech, language and communication support for children in your setting
LO4.2 Read the criteria for this

If I havent got children with me how the heck can I demonstrate a lot of it. I had answered her message with a write up but it wasn't what she wanted - she didn't want the answers she wanted to know HOW I was going to demonstate it. I panicked and didn't do anything (did lots of childminding paperwork, tax bill, etc etc)...then knowing I really had to I logged on today and said could we delay a week I then basically got an email them covering their bums saying the course has been withdrawn and I only have until Jan - its gonna be tough for me to do it. I am now stressing like mad!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-19-2015, 11:19 PM

This is what I have got so far

CU1520
LO1.4 Develop a plan to meet the development needs of a child in you setting

I have a little boy who is absolutely fine when he is here in the setting with me but whenever we go anywhere he is so painfully shy, he starts crying and grips hold of me, sits on my knee and wont sit still its like he is trying to hide inside my skin, grappling trying to get closer to me. He is 3 1/2 and at first I thought it was just because he was new. I have been developing a plan surrounding how I can help him conquer this or at least work as hard as I can on improving things.

LO2.1 Show me how you put this plan into action (holistic and interconnectedness)
I can show you via my baby’s days planning, my notes and his observations that I record. Tell you about the places we have been, the meetings with preschool and parents. Stories that we read which help show others that miss out on fun because they are holding back

LO2.5 How do children in your setting participate in decisions affecting their lives

Find out their likes and dislikes,they may not know many, so by giving them choices such as would you like orange juice or water and keeping talking helps them decide what it is they like and don't like. (all works towards improving self confidence) Any interests they may have are included where possible - I can give examples. I have several folders full of different themes and activity ideas, we look through these and decide what we want to do. I have a craft trolley which houses all kinds of crayons, pencils, paint dabbers, they have free access to it. I have various boxes of toys in the play room, there are more in the shed and the hall cupboard…Ive got a minibook with pictures of whats available (as well as words) so they can point even if they cant talk properly should they fancy doing something different. They help me stick things in their scrapbooks and we chat about what they enjoyed and what they would like to do again.
Choices are even given at snack time we have a couple of big sharing plates in the centre of the table, one usually has things like cheese chunks, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers etc and the other is usually fruit - they get to choose whatever it is they want from there

ANY HELP/ADVICE AT ALL APPRECIATED. Why the heck did I pay all that money out I can't see how the heck I am gonna complete in time...hubs away and Im sat here worrying
Unread 11-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hugs xx what you've done so far looks good :) plod through each slowly xx

If you enrolled in late July 2014 your assessor knows which units you have left to complete and can go through as many criteria as possible during their visit & avoid unnecessary written work? Have they also stated a maths GCSE is a requirement rather than best practice or preference for your CYPW?

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-19-2015, 11:54 PM

The GCSE was if I wanted to do the eye course, hence why even though I wasn't ready I enrolled on the cypw one, u don't need one for that. I just can't get my head around how I can demonstrate some of these things - I can write it down on paper no problem but to actually demo a lot - confused
Unread 11-20-2015, 12:34 AM
Administrator

okay so it's a little like you chatting with a colleague explaining how your service works :) use the criteria, what you feel you would write about and make keynotes next to each in preparation for when your assessor visits xx

CU1530 - pages 2+ of the cypw handbook preview :)

LO2.2 What factors do you need to consider when promoting effective communication

the environment - your establishment's activity /play areas. Proximity, orientation and posture ie. how you interact with children, listening skills, time.

LO3.2 What are the barriers to effective communication?

culture, family background, personalities, confidence and self-esteem, literacy, ICT knowledge.

LO3.3 Show me how you would overcome these barriers

How would you try to overcome them?

LO3.4 Show me how you would clarify misunderstandings
page 13 of the handbook explains this and details how misunderstandings can happen easily due to the range of situations that can affect the communication process. Picking up on them needs to happen quickly to avoid escalation, observing reactions is one way to identify confusion, quietness over the telephone or a sudden change in tone may also hint at possible misunderstanding.

LO4.3 Describe the potential tensions between maintaining an individual confidentiality and disclosing concerns

Breaching confidentiality is serious, by following your procedures for particular situations eg. where there are concerns about a child's welfare for example abuse. Where a child or adult is suspected of committing abuse or where a crime has been committed, you are assured of acting within the law for a justified reason. Page 17

for CU1531/SCH 32 - pages 19+ of the handbook will help

I hope this helps a little more xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-20-2015, 10:55 AM

Lord love ya - Im going to sit down and got through that - thank you so much - really appreciate your responding to me with all of it - thank you
Unread 11-20-2015, 10:56 AM

I think it threw me so much as I responded with what I thought but it was the ..yes but Show me/demonstrate - I panicked - ran for the hills - probably overthinking it
Unread 11-20-2015, 02:16 PM
Administrator

glad it's all back in perspective, post on the forum whenever you need to xx
the cost of ad blockers