Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

MrsC81 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb What next?

After a little advice and ideas from anyone here.

I'm one unit off of completing Level 3 Childcare and Education.
I'm also a Level 2 Teaching Assistant (Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools)

I love early years and currently work in a pre-school (previously as a 1:1 but as a general early years practitioner in September)
I get to cover a lot in Reception class too which I really enjoy too.

But what next?
I've really enjoyed studying and feel it has improved my work in many ways.
With my job and family (4 children of my own) I'm not sure what to do next.

Any thoughts?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you can look at the HLTA course or maybe the Foundation Degree in Early Childhood studies, Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People's Workforce - Early Years or maybe you can look at the short courses and the training opportunities your local authority and charities provide? LSCB & NSPCC both offer safeguarding & child protection, Online safety, Forest School, SEN

Best wishes with it :) xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-08-2018, 06:56 PM

Thank you.
I found a this https://www.ucp.ac.uk/a-z-courses/un...and-education/
but need to look at the cost and more detail and if its too much of a leap fom level 3.
On summer holidays at the moment so will give my manager and Early Years Leader an email I think to see what they wuld suggest as career progression.

Short course sound good too.
Unread 10-13-2018, 06:32 PM

Me again.
missing studying so looking into courses again.

I can get funding for level 4 early years advanced practitioner (I will need to pay £175 fees at the start) when speaking to people in my workplace most say go straight in at undergraduate.
Just looking for advice and opinions really.

The degree looks really good but the cost is quite frankly frightening!!

Also I dont know exactly where I want to go with my career, currently early years practitioner within a pre-school setting, would possibly like room leader perhaps (though at current workplace that probably would be unlikely due to very good staff already)

Forest school really appeals to me we have a quailifed teacher (he's actually our caretaker) who said would do training with me to see what I think.

Slightly confused!
Unread 10-13-2018, 06:34 PM

@ruthierhyme Would I need level 4 to do the level 5, also I think I would need to be in mangement role for this? I may have misunderstood though.