Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 05-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Coffee Highs and Lows

What would you say was your highest and lowest point of Childminding ?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-30-2006, 09:36 PM
elaine

hi i have just been registered in march and business is slow,had some calls for care but no contrats singed as yet so that is my low point, but when i do start i know i will have fun an denjoy runing my own business which is a big high point.
elaine
Unread 08-19-2006, 02:47 PM
LisaM

I haven't had any low points so far, I left my job as a pre-school assisstant to do this and have never looked back. I absolutely adore the little ones I care for, they've been with me since they were 3-4 months old and they are at a lovely age now 2-almost 3. I have one child with me who I've had since he was 10 weeks old, he's now 5 1/2. The paperwork can be a bind, I have some to do every night, its never ending. I guess thats the difference between working in a preschool, theres different jobs assigned to each member of staff, when you're a Childminder we're on our own so theres only us to do all aspects of the paperwork.
Unread 09-02-2006, 08:53 AM
SuzyQ

The low is easy - having a complaint made about me to Ofsted when I took a non-paying parent to court! Ofsted found there was no complaint to answer to but having to go through the whole investigation thing was very traumatic.

As for the high, that is very difficult as there have been so many over the last 11 years! I suppose the most recent one was the most fantastic reference and pressie I got this week from a mindie who left as they are starting school next week.