Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 10-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

vicky.flanagan is on a distinguished road
Default unit 202 health and saferty

I need to give 3 examples of pieces of equipment in schools that intend to prevent accidents.

I ahve looked in my room and I can only find 2 they are socket covers and door jams (pieces of plastic running down the door to prevent traped fingers. I need 1 more I have asked the teacher and thats all they have said they have in place.

And why is it important to check and maintain equipment regulary?? I have in order to check they are no broken bits / Sharp jagged edges. Why else is it good to check and maintain equipment?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Doodah is on a distinguished road

Equipment in schools that intend to prevent accidents
safety glass in doors, rounded scissors, rounded knives, pritt stick glue instead of superglue! plastic cupboard door locks especially if the cupboard contains chemical cleaners etc, two handled doors so that small children can not let themselves out!

Why is it important to check and maintain equipment regulary
It is part of Health and Safety Law
It is part of the setting's Health and Safety policies and proceedures
It ensures that children and staff do not get injured by faulty or broken equipment
So that the manager/headteacher know when equipement needs repairing or replacing
So that staff are able to put the faulty or damaged equipment away and mark it unsuitable for use to prevent accidents or injuries.